1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lightning flash when sleeping

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kittyfoster, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Kittyfoster

Kittyfoster Lurker

Something is causing my screen to have flashes like "lightning" when the screen is sleeping (black screen). This only happens on the black screen, never when the phone is in use.Verizon`s response is to get a new phone, as it's out of warranty. I do like my phone, but I'm flying to India next week and would be really ticked if the phone dies while overseas. Does anyone have any ideas, and yes I've tried a restart.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

Do you have active display turned on? If so, does turning it off (in the settings app) change this?

3. Kittyfoster

Kittyfoster Lurker

I have active displays on; I'll turn it off and check.
    Thanks- never thought of trying this.

4. Einsteindks

Einsteindks Well-Known Member

Possible it needs a new display. Somewhat involved, but highly do-able.

5. Kittyfoster

Kittyfoster Lurker

I turned off the active display and so far this morning no lightning. Thanks for the tip!

6. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

I really like active display myself. It should be showing the time with an icon for the last app with an unread notification, or an unlock icon if there are no apps with unread notifications, but i was guessing that your active display was corrupt somehow if it was just flashing a light without the time or icon.

You can try turning it back on to see if it now works right, or, of course, just leave it off if you really don't need the feature.

This is what it should look like, and a lot more info about active display:

7. Kittyfoster

Kittyfoster Lurker

Well I turned active display back on and the flashing came back. Luckily I can live without active display!
    Thanks for everybody's help!

Motorola Droid Maxx Forum

The Motorola Droid Maxx release date was August 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 10MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 3500mAh battery.

August 2013
Release Date
Reviews