• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lights on while charing

hmadsen

Oct 14, 2009
Ok, so i wanted to use my HTC for an alarm clock because then i could save the electricity that my old alarm clock uses.

BUT..

Sometimes i wake up and have a look at my alarm clock but now i have to reach over and get the phone and press a button to get it to light up...very bright in the middle of the night.

SO....What i was thinking.

If i buy a charger stand for my hero is it somehow possible to tell the phone to run the screen lights on lowest light setting when it is charging...

This way i would be able to se the clock without being blinded.

IF this is not an option would someone please pass this on to google/htc as a request or tell me how i do it.

Hmadsen

Ok, so i wanted to use my HTC for an alarm clock because then i could save the electricity that my old alarm clock uses.

BUT..

Sometimes i wake up and have a look at my alarm clock but now i have to reach over and get the phone and press a button to get it to light up...very bright in the middle of the night.

SO....What i was thinking.

If i buy a charger stand for my hero is it somehow possible to tell the phone to run the screen lights on lowest light setting when it is charging...

This way i would be able to se the clock without being blinded.

IF this is not an option would someone please pass this on to google/htc as a request or tell me how i do it.

Hmadsen

I believe there is an app in the market called bed time or something. it displays the time in a red low-res digital image all the time just like an alarm clock. i'm not certain of the name though.... you may have to dig.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones