• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Limit distraction and stay focused

I just published my new app for beta testing. I would like some constructive feedback/suggestions please...
Distraction limiter is an easy to use tool that gives you the ability to block other apps that distracts you from completing your day to day tasks on time. A perfect example is social media, many of us are constantly using various social media app, which prevent us from studying or completing other important tasks
Google Play. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andre3.wzlimitdistraction

Reactions: psionandy and Rob
Any feedback at all? we released a new version today
Not all apps get feedback here. I would also suspect, by the nature of your app, that someone may need to use it for a few days to determine how it works for them. On another note, I see one of the permissions is to close other apps, which sounds like the dreaded task killer. You may want to explain how you close other apps without causing the negative consequences associated with task killers.

Upvote 0
Ok.. I can think of a few ways that an app like this could work....

BUT full credit to @andre3wap for using a method that does not leak data back to any servers... or include unneeded permissions.

I can see how i'd be needing an app like this at some time in the future... (assuming i can get enough will power to use it ;) ) and if anyone else asks for a similar app, then this is one i will suggest they check out.

This app has access to:

Other
  • update component usage statistics
  • close other apps
  • control vibration

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones