• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Limit tether speed?

DroidDO

Nov 25, 2009
Searched for a setting to do this but haven't seen any. Is it possible to set a limit for upload/download speeds while tethering (over wifi preferably)? I want to watch netflix without having the netflix app (on my iPad) kick it up to HD. Otherwise my data use is gonna get crazy.

Searched for a setting to do this but haven't seen any. Is it possible to set a limit for upload/download speeds while tethering (over wifi preferably)? I want to watch netflix without having the netflix app (on my iPad) kick it up to HD. Otherwise my data use is gonna get crazy.

Check out BradyBound. It's a system wide download speed limiter/shaper (it also limits the download speed of USB tethered and WiFi hotspot clients). Note however that this app requires root and it may not work on all ROMs, regardless of the phone.

Disclaimer: I am the author of this app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones