• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Limitations Pre-Check for an app I plan to develope

Hey guys,

wonder if you could give me some short hints about limitations in the sphere of android development using java.

I plan to develope an application that receives certain content objects like plain text and audio/video/image files. The application shall be implemented as a daemon that listens on a socket and reacts to the pushed data (like plain text, etc.).

For the presentation of the content objects Id like to use given applications like an image viewer and so on,..

My question is: Is it possible to pass over the content object via an intent and gain somehow remote control to the activity and close the called application (like the imageviewer) in case the daemon receives another content object and to display this new data?

My idea was to pass the called application some function that checks in defined time intervals if a new content object is received and then closes the called app.

Is this somehow possible?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones