1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Limited connection / SIM not connecting to network but will surf on mobile network

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Diellur, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Diellur

Diellur Lurker
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    Hello all.

First, I'm new to the forum as I've only recently got a Desire S. I've also looked for this issue on the forums, apologies if I missed it. It's certainly well represented in Google!

I've recently started using a Desire S, which I got off eBay. It arrived factory sealed and untouched, and had to be unlocked from T-Mobile. That all went fine, about 3 weeks ago. However, it's now telling me that it has limited connectivity, and when I go to manually select a network I'm told that the SIM cannot connect. Also, it won't automatically connect either.

I've tried the phone with an Orange, O2 and Vodafone SIM, which all work in other phones before and after being put in the Desire S. The Orange and T-Mobile SIMs actually showed network strength, but would drop a call straight away. O2 and Vodafone show no signal strength at all.

However, I can still access the internet through the mobile network. It shows 'G' and will load any page I go to (at least as far as I have tried!). That suggests to me that the phone is still receiving a signal from O2...!

Any suggestions or help? Much appreciated! :)

Advertisement

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    It could be a service provider software/SIM update issue. I'd call your service provider and ask them to update your SIM so that it works with your phone. If you swapped an old SIM into your phone this could well be the case and, if so, they should send you a new fully compatible SIM.

Either way, I'd request a SIM update over the network and see if that works.

3. Diellur

Diellur Lurker
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    Turns out the IMEI has been blocked. Odd, since I've had the phone for a month. Chasing it through eBay, doubt I'll get anywhere but may as well try!

Tags: