1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Limited data connection - must reset phone in order to work!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Integraoligist, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Integraoligist

Integraoligist Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 7, 2010
    It seems that all the problems i'm having with google voice and other apps are directly connected to the data that i'm sending receiving.

Using GB

When the Wifi or 3g/1g icons are BLUE, everything seems to work fine... but when they are WHITE everything is jacked up! I have to power down the phone and restart for them to become blue again.

I learned that when they go white, it's a limited data connection, but it wont go back to blue! I looked into all my settings but I can't find anything that will fix this issue. It's like a timer setting or somthing, after so long without using data, the connection will turn white... and thats it.

ALSO, when the data connection goes white, I can NOT MAKE OR RECIEVE any phone calls! When I try to call out it starts the phone call and dosent even get to 1 second before it automatacally ends!

Is there anyway to fix this?
    Thanks!

Advertisement

2. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 11, 2009
    KS, USA
    When that happens to me I turn on Airplane mode and wait 10 seconds before I turn it off. It reestablishes the connection and usually works fine. Give it a try.

Integraoligist likes this.
  3. Integraoligist

Integraoligist Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 7, 2010
    i've been turing off the Wifi waiting for the 3g to come up... it stays white... then turn Wifi back on... it works maybe 1 time out of 10.

I'll try the airplane mode and let you know, Thanks!