1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Limited Download Time, Please HELP?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by DeanSutherland, Nov 7, 2011.

1. DeanSutherland

None

Nov 7, 2011
    I just got my Samsung Galaxy S2 on a monthly plan and i get 500mb of internet download a month, i got told that the apps i download on my phone are constantly taking up my mb's unless I'm connected too a Wi-Fi network. Can someone please answer and tell me if this is true and if so how do I solve it so I'm not wasting my internet download when I'm not even using my phone?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Android Expert
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    QA Admin
    SoCal
    You use either data or wifi to connect.
    Apps can have settings to adjust how it captures data, how often, et cetera.

3. DeanSutherland

None

Nov 7, 2011
    How do i change the settings on my apps? and what is data to connect?

4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    While I'm not sure about Sammy phones, I'd hope that they would be able to disable the mobile network without going into airplane mode. If you disable the mobile network connection, you won't use any data unless connected to wifi. If you absolutely need data, you can then re-enable it and do what you need to, then disable it again.

Also, turn off auto sync and background data when not connected to wifi.

5. surkins

surkins Lurker
    None

Nov 5, 2011
    First, get a data monitor app. This will allow you to monitor wi-fi and cell usage. Wi-fi is no big deal, but cell is what we need to look at.

second, try not to download over your 4g network. You can turn wi-fi on by dragging the phone status bar down and there will be an option to turn on wi-fi.

Google navigation and places takes up a lot of data, so be careful so use only what you need.
    As for your last question: "how do I solve it so I'm not wasting my internet download when I'm not even using my phone?"

I'm currently looking for a solution, so I'll let you know. Or if someone already know, please elaborate! :)