• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Limited Market on CM7 uSD

I wouldn't flash the stock rom with this. The build.prop file might be different.

It's easier to just edit the file and change this line:

ro.sf.lcd_density=161

to:

ro.sf.lcd_density=160
Thanks... guess i will mess with it. got one that is 1.2 and wishing more crap showed in market, my sis has a 1.3 and tons more doesn't show on hers (stuff that works fine on 1.2 one , doesnt show)
what do i need to use to edit the file agian?
oh yeah your right this is for CM7 only. Get me the stock build prop and I'll make one for that too if you guys want

Sorry for double post

According to joehammer this gives you back the download button and adds a menu for tablets... I cannot confirm this, I don't have a nook.
Sounds like a winner... changing the file colchiro posted does the same thing?

Upvote 0
To edit your file manually:

Before you do anything, go into Rom Manager and make a recovery backup. See my Phiremod or CM7 rom install guides on how to do that.

Changing this value to more than 240 can cause your NC to boot loop so care is required

Get Root Explorer from Market and scroll down to system, and tap it to open it. Then at the top, tap the [ r/o ] button. It'll change to [ r/w ] so you have read/write privilege. (If you're using a different editor, you'll have to figure out how to get read/write privilege.) Then long-press on your build.prop file, choose "edit".

Scroll down until you find this line (bottom section in CM7):

ro.sf.lcd_density=161

Tap to position your cursor at the end of the line and carefully change 161 to 160:

ro.sf.lcd_density=160

When done, tap the menu button, choose "save and exit" and tap the top button in Root Explorer to change back to [ r/o ] and reboot.

There are other programs that let you edit system files, but you need one that uses root since this is a system file that can't be edited with some file managers.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
I used es file explorer from the app market its free

Can you comment on how to change permissions to R/W in ES Explorer?

Just got my hands on sis's nook again... In ES i first navigated to the system directory then went to menu>settings, there is a check box for 'root explorer' upon checking there is a check box that says this feature is in beta. Below that is a check box that says 'mount as drive' (something like that) and that it would make this directory writable. As soon as i checked them both I got the SU prompt to allow... once i did that it let me copy the apk's to system/app and install amazon and a few others...

Upvote 0
Can you comment on how to change permissions to R/W in ES Explorer?
Just got my hands on sis's nook again... In ES i first navigated to the system directory then went to menu>settings, there is a check box for 'root explorer' upon checking there is a check box that says this feature is in beta. Below that is a check box that says 'mount as drive' (something like that) and that it would make this directory writable. As soon as i checked them both I got the SU prompt to allow... once i did that it let me copy the apk's to system/app and install amazon and a few others...
Sorry was away for awhile thanks for answering that for me NightAngel.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones