• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [LINARO] AWEstruck v1.04 12/14/14 | [3.4.107] v1.05b6 5/30/15

Hey, thanks for the tip. Gone Mad Player seems to work well. Additionally, in download in GMP, I came across another player that works well called Stellio. It had a couple of untrue features in that it has some supported add-ons which can be downloaded as APK files. One is a Dropbox plugins which allows you to stream from a Dropbox folder, which could be pretty handy, though I haven't tried it yet. Another is a VKontakte plugin which allows you to search for and stream track from the date base at vk.com. If you're not familiar VK is essentially Russian Facebook, with the advantage that the site hosts music.
As far as players that send a signal correctly to both audio channel, these include: GMP, Stellio, Pandora and Spotify.
Players that don't work correctly include: Liquid Bear, Netease Cloud Music, PlayerPro, PowerAmp, Apollo and HenryMP.
This is the issue I had mentioned before. Strangely its localized to the media player being used (including the native one, i deleted it, is it HenryMP?). I'm running the kernel and GoneMad and it works fine.

Upvote 0
Additionally, I just wanted to express a word of caution regarding changing I/O Schedule settings.
After changing my I/O Scheduler from noop to so, my SD card was erased on reboot. This could theoretically have been related to another system setting, a bad card, or just a fluke. I just wanted to put it out there regardless. Remember to exercise caution and back up your files when messing around with system settings and root applications.

Upvote 0
Additionally, I just wanted to express a word of caution regarding changing I/O Schedule settings.
After changing my I/O Scheduler from noop to so, my SD card was erased on reboot. This could theoretically have been related to another system setting, a bad card, or just a fluke. I just wanted to put it out there regardless. Remember to exercise caution and back up your files when messing around with system settings and root applications.
My guess is a fluke, I've been using sio ever since I added support for it. But yes, always back up often.

I do want to thank you guys for looking at the audio issues. I suspect they came from the kitkat commits. If I can ever get my kitkat builds fully working on the new kernel and there is still demand, I'll look into removing kitkat support from this kernel. I suspect the same issue caused the YouTube incompatibility.

Reactions: jamoosh
Upvote 0
Hi spock1104,
Thanks much for your response. You may well be correct in that the SD card erasure could likely be a fluke. I was poking around in a number of settings and configuration screens prior to that reboot, so it's unfair to point the blame at the sio IO setting squarely.
Anyway, I'm still tinkering around with this audio issue. I'm not a programmer, but can often sometimes solve same basic problems anyway.
Additionally, I'm excited to try your new ROM one of these days.
My guess is a fluke, I've been using sio ever since I added support for it. But yes, always back up often.

I do want to thank you guys for looking at the audio issues. I suspect they came from the kitkat commits. If I can ever get my kitkat builds fully working on the new kernel and there is still demand, I'll look into removing kitkat support from this kernel. I suspect the same issue caused the YouTube incompatibility.

Upvote 0

I'm actually running "L" Awe (JB), and have those issues...

Upvote 0
Hey everybody,
I wouldn't consider myself a talented device hacker -- so I am really excited that I have a fix that will hopefully be useful to some of you.

I've resolved the sound issue in which output over headphones only sounds in one channel. I don't use bluetooth devices, so have nothing to test on, but I am hopeful that the fix will work for those that are having problems with bluetooth devices, as well. Through trial and error, I've determined build.prop configurations that resolve the issue. I was able to get sound working properly on "L" Awe with the latest kernel, and replicate it on a separate Awe with the Awestruck kernel flashed on rooted stock.

I'm pretty sure the applicable build.prop settings to modify are:
ro.hdmi.enable=false
lpa.decode.false

If included screen captures to cover related settings, in case there was another change that I had made that is required.

Please post a reply and let me know if this works for you.

Attachments

• build-prop-01.png
    build-prop-01.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 100
  • build-prop-02.png
    build-prop-02.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 144
  • build-prop-03.png
    build-prop-03.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones