• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [LINARO] AWEstruck v1.04 12/14/14 | [3.4.107] v1.05b6 5/30/15

memara7a.jpg

Benches good :) will post back if reboot and about battery usage

Reactions: spock1104
Upvote 0
Ya know, and just when I thought that I'd be able to release my gpu OC code... Who wants a 627MHz gpu? Well stop crashing the phone!

androidfanwinner, looks like you also hit an issue with mpdecision moving too quickly. can you switch to the no_mp kernel please?

brittnearl, I think you overheated. There's no kernel panic, but there is this just before the reboot:
[06-03 03:16:00.340] [0][22486: kworker/0:0]POWER_SUPPLY_HEALTH=Overheat

Thanks guys, appreciate the data, keep it coming!

Upvote 0
Ya know, and just when I thought that I'd be able to release my gpu OC code... Who wants a 627MHz gpu? Well stop crashing the phone!

androidfanwinner, looks like you also hit an issue with mpdecision moving too quickly. can you switch to the nomp kernel please?

brittnearl, I think you overheated. There's no kernel panic, but there is this just before the reboot:
[06-03 03:16:00.340] [0][22486: kworker/0:0]POWER_SUPPLY_HEALTH=Overheat

Thanks guys, appreciate the data, keep it coming!

Kool I will bump down to 1.5 and c how it goes :)

Upvote 0
To help diagnose, would you be willing to use the curvefish battery life widget? I use it to track my battery temperature, and I'm interested in what your actual temps show up as.

I have seen one legit overheat on my wife's phone where it hit 120 degrees Fahrenheit while charging.

Upvote 0
Honestly not sure, but sharing info across devices saves us all time.

Thanks for the info! What were your sources on values? Differences between our files are what i assume are multipliers, fsb, and voltage. I had to resort to previous work on the 8930aa and 8930ab to arrive at my values.

brittnearl - there's the potential to lower the heat output due to lower voltages but this won't have any effect on the false overheat, that's stock ZTE code. I'll have to do some digging, likely this weekend.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones