1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Line in the touch screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pwddirectory, Jul 12, 2018.

1. pwddirectory

pwddirectory Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2018
    Line in the touch screen LG stylus 2 K520D
    https://ibb.co/mOcJ6o
    I bought a lg stylus 2 from dubai 700 AED

it was working very fine but after week a line in the screen started to appear and things started to open automatically on their own. some time line in the screens disappears and everthing works fine and after 2 or 3 mins it appears again and messes things up have uploaded pictures in the link have a look please..thanks

is there any solution to this problem, Many thanks

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    I suspect it may be a hardware fault, but there's an easy way to check: take a screenshot, then send that to a different device and look at it there. The screenshot captures the information sent to the graphics system, so if it's a software fault I expect the line will be in the screenshot. If it's a fault with the display hardware there will be no line in the screenshot.

You could also try running in safe mode (if the line does not appear in safe mode then it's due to an app you've installed). You could try generic things like wiping the system cache from recovery, or even a factory reset, but if it is a hardware fault none of that will do anything apart from erase your data. So I'd try the screenshot test first.

psionandy and lunatic59 like this.
  3. pwddirectory

pwddirectory Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2018
    There is no line in screen shot it means its a hardware problem..

4. pwddirectory

pwddirectory Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2018
    i started the phone in safe mode line is still but touch screen function is properly. in normal mode apps and other functions of phone start automatically but in safe mode its working fine...

5. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    So two separate problems: a display hardware fault plus one of your apps being affected by the fault?

Apps should be sandboxes. Are you using a replacement launcher (which would be able to open apps and won't run in safe mode)? Is there any pattern to the apps that open (e.g. position of the icon on the screen)? Though this is just trying to figure out what is different in safe mode, it doesn't address what sounds like the source of the problem.

6. pwddirectory

pwddirectory Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2018
    1) no i am not using replacement launcher i dont even know what it is..
    2) Yes only apps which appear under the line are opening automatically e.g when i open whats app line passes through the status tab on whats app and bcaz of the line status tab keeps on opening even if i press chat t ab again and again( it seems like there is continuous clicking on the apps or anything clickable under the line).
    3) and after some time same thing was happening in the safe mode but less frequently.
    4) in safe mode I enabled the option COLOR INVERSION in vision setting in mobile settings and the mobile is strangely working fine now without any problem ( line is still there) ..
    Many thanks man for ur help.. at least i can use my phone now

7. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    But safe mode disables all user apps. Does inverting colours fix it in normal operation?

A launcher is the app that provides your desktop and app drawer. I wondered about this because if you were using an alternative launcher that would also be disabled in safe mode, and as that's the thing that launches apps it might explain a difference in behaviour. But it seems not.

8. pwddirectory

pwddirectory Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2018
    i think i couldnot explain it properly..
    In safemode the line was casuing less difficulties and thats why i was able to change the mode of the phone to color inversion
    in normal mode anything under the line was continuioulsy opening and things were messed up if there was no app under the line it was enabling and disabling Bluetooth in a loop and i have to lock and unlock the phone to break the loop.

when phone is locked and when it is unlocked by swiping on the screen it works fine for 2 to 3 second and we select other apps or other options