• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Line of pixels on the screen, what is this?

CarbineGuy

May 14, 2010
So I got my incredible yesterday, it's all going well, except that I noticed this line of pixels, not really any color in particular, but when you move the phone and look closely, they are very slightly distorted, and it makes them stick out slightly. I've noticed this problem on TVs before but I never understood it. I'm thinking it may be the invisible shield I had the person at the store install for me? I'm hoping it's not the screen...but here's a picture. I understand it may be hard to see, but if you move away from the picture you can sort of see what I'm talking about.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

IMG_3732.jpg

I'm going to guess it's the invisible shield because i have two horizontal lines in my invisible screen that I'm pretty sure I would've noticed in the screen if they were there before as one is smack dab in the middle of the htc clock (at least I really hope they're in the shield whenever I take it off). I think I do remember reading here that other people have had horizontal scratches in their invisible shields too. I can't quite tell from your picture, but on my phone the lines stick out as a bright line with a slightly distorted image underneath.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones