• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LineageOS 14.1 for LG L70 D320 D320n D325 MS323

vm03

Android Expert
Dec 16, 2014
LineageOS 14.1 for LG L70 D320 D320n D325 MS323
Absolutely NO WARRANTY! You can brick and destroy you device!
For advanced users only. Please, no stupid questions.
For install need unlocked bootloader and TWRP 3.0.3 (or latter) recovery.
For correct working RIL (Sim detection) and keys you need correct (for you variant of L70) bootloader (aboot.bin).

Working:
  • Display
  • touchscreen and multituch
  • Hardware 3D rendring
  • RIL - SMS, MMS, calls...
  • Mobile data
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS
  • Camera - photo and video
  • WiFi, Bluetooth, USB tethering
  • Audio - speaker, headphone, mic, routing, voip calls, etc
  • SD card
  • Hardware video decoding and encoding
  • Sensors
  • FM radio
  • Double tap to wake
  • SmartCover
Not working:
  • NFC for D320n?
  • Rear camera for D325f8?
  • Any others for unknown for me versions and revisions.
Download
https://download.lineageos.org/w5

OpenGAPPS
TWRP 3.0.3

Source
Kernel,Device... https://github.com/Lineageos

1. Copy zip's to SD
  2. Enter to recovery
  3. wipe data
  4. install zip from external_sd lineage-14.1.<...>.zip
  5. install zip from external_sd gapps
  6. reboot

Donate

Last edited:
How to update from CM 13.0 or 14.1 or unofficial Lineage builds to signed nightly official Lineage builds :

Attention! OTA with old TWRP can brick you phone. Use TWRP 3.0.3

If phone boot only in TWRP after OTA, do:
run adb shell or TWRP blut-in Treminal
run command:
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc bs=1024 count=1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am very excited since the 175759 change (L70 ready for N) had the status "merged", I really appreciate the work being done by the developers of this device, now to wait the first nightly.

I will only get a bit late to the celebration by getting CM 14.1 official than my friends with surnia haha.

Sorry for my bad English, I use the Google translator, Greetings from Mexico!

Reactions: Roberthf
Upvote 0
Reactions: Roberthf
Upvote 0
Just installed first cm-14.1-20161210-NIGHTLY-w5.zip official with CM13 recovery and latest GApps , and installation was without problems although I didn't get the screen for restoring installed apps.

1. On Home screen, when push the HW Home button, it just selects the first icon on the home screen.

2. Play Store, when installing applications, if there are more than 2-3 in queue, it just freezes, and then taping on wait resumes after 1-2 minutes. Also happens when just scrolling through or installing single app.

3. SD Card isn't mounting...

4. Random apps and menus freezing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sito1985
Upvote 0
Can this be flashed with stock partitions?

Yes. But you will have enough space left in the system (/system partition) and lack of space in the internal memory (/data partition) to install new apps from the the various Stores.

You can always try Adoptable Storage. Or free and paid apps like: easy Adoptable to partition your SD Card - App2Mgr - Apps2SD - Link2SD - Mounts2SD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unfortunately, the Nougat update didn't fix my broken display panel

IMG_20161216_012508.jpg

Reactions: jouki
Upvote 0
Unfortunately, the Nougat update didn't fix my broken display panel

What a tragedy, man!:(

Maybe you can still find the Front with Screen and Display for purchase. Plug 'n Play

This happened to me a year ago, only the touch screen broke. But the plastic edge has damaged, right at the top right of the Smartphone. So I decided to buy the entire front with display.

Upvote 0
What a tragedy, man!:(

Maybe you can still find the Front with Screen and Display for purchase. Plug 'n Play

This happened to me a year ago, only the touch screen broke. But the plastic edge has damaged, right at the top right of the Smartphone. So I decided to buy the entire front with display.
Finding replacement parts here is hard. Luckily the touch screen is still responsing. I use it now as a wifi hotspot since I got a new phone.

Upvote 0
@vm03 , to solve the problem of rear camera flares in the D325f8, just replace the line in "build.prop":
ro.product.name=cm_w5

for
ro.product.name=w5
or
ro.product.name=w5_global_com
or
ro.product.name=w5ds
or
ro.product.name=w5ds_global_com

Note: This solves the problem in CM13 NIGHTLY and CM14.1 UNOFFICIAL.
http://androidforums.com/threads/solving-cam-issues-for-lg-optimus-l70-f8-devices.1087770/

The report of the camera has been done many times, I like to think there's a really good reason for just keeping ignoring it

Last edited:
Reactions: ClauvanPdST
Upvote 0
The report of the camera has been done many times, I like to think there's a really good reason for just keeping ignoring it

I'm patient with the posts. Sometimes we post but when any of the devs will read the post has been back for a long time. It depends on the movement of the discussion in the day!

I believe the solution we found is only temporary. And, there must be something behind that little change that does fix the camera link the ROM with the D325f8 device.

Let's wait!

That's it for now.

Remembering that with each new update I test without applying the patch to see if there was any change. When corrected, I'll be commenting here! o_O:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones