• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LineageOS-7.1.2 (Unofficial [Updated 5/25/2017])

Finally decided to come back to my zmax to work on and seems like y'all have really made a big change..

Of course dfuse continues with his attitude.

Anyways great job on nougat!
Any chance trying to use 4.4 volte files to get a working volte connection?

It uses the same ril on the zmax, just hate ril/telephony drivers on android so rather not attempting it.
Would you mind helping guide me? I've tried several ways and it doesn't work.

Upvote 0
adoptable storage feature doesn't work. gets stuck at 20% when formatting. tried it with multiple different SD cards. googled for it and it appears this was a CM problem. Anyone else tried to expand internal storage via SD card to see if it works for them?

quoting my own self. any takers on this one? has anyone else tried to use SD card as internal storage on this ROM? has that worked? it doesn't work for me.

Upvote 0
Lineage doesnt support volte yet on this device

It should still support regular calling somehow. I flashed back to stock and I could call fine. I flashed to LOS14.1 and I was able to take calls until a reboot, and then it was back to taking no calls, so I don't know why it only worked after returning to stock and only for a limited time after flashing. Some kind of network authentication I'm missing?

Upvote 0
It should still support regular calling somehow. I flashed back to stock and I could call fine. I flashed to LOS14.1 and I was able to take calls until a reboot, and then it was back to taking no calls, so I don't know why it only worked after returning to stock and only for a limited time after flashing. Some kind of network authentication I'm missing?
Mine would drop or i couldnt hear anyone.

Change to previous modem

Upvote 0
Alright, I think I found out the issue. On accident no less.

In going to Settings > More > Cellular Networks > Preferred network type, you can only choose 3G or 2G, even though you can get LTE.

When I have LTE speeds, I cannot get phone calls. When it's 3G or H or H+, I can receive phone calls.

Is there any way to add the LTE option for preferred network type? This should be able to show if this is what is causing the issue of not getting calls when connected to LTE.

Upvote 0
Thanks for looking into this, but actually I had added that in. Still no fix. I have a fix though. Force only 2g type this into the dialer and go to the top tab *#*#4636#*#*

Any settings I need to change? I try to drop it down to UTMS or GSM and the settings won't stick. Preferred network type changes stick but it seems like it wants to stay at LTE no matter what I do.

Is there a newer build past 2/20? Been busy with school so I could have missed something. :) Thanks for the help. Aside from this issue it's been a great ROM!

Edit: I would be happy at 3G or H+ at this point if it means I can get phone calls again until a solution comes out.

Upvote 0
Thanks for looking into this, but actually I had added that in. Still no fix. I have a fix though. Force only 2g type this into the dialer and go to the top tab *#*#4636#*#*
Was gonna ask just like angelwind if you planned to update the rom, ive been on your 5.1 rom as it was volte capable, but now i dont need volte
Any settings I need to change? I try to drop it down to UTMS or GSM and the settings won't stick. Preferred network type changes stick but it seems like it wants to stay at LTE no matter what I do.

Is there a newer build past 2/20? Been busy with school so I could have missed something. :) Thanks for the help. Aside from this issue it's been a great ROM!

Edit: I would be happy at 3G or H+ at this point if it means I can get phone calls again until a solution comes out.

The reason calls only work in 3g is because the rom doesnt support volte. Trust me you dont want to run 3g permanently for browsing and such unless you dont do it much.

Best solution is leave it as lte and switch to previous modem which i dont know which it is on the metro version.

That way it will automatically switch to 3g for calls then back to lte for data when off calls.

Upvote 0
Best solution is leave it as lte and switch to previous modem which i dont know which it is on the metro version.

That way it will automatically switch to 3g for calls then back to lte for data when off calls.

Therein lies the problem. I've tried the B13, B14, and B15 modems. When data switches to LTE it ignores all phone calls coming in so I don't know if I got a call until it hits voicemail. I only receive calls when I catch it at 3G/H+.

Nougat is good, fast ROM and I'd hate to switch back to the stock ROM just to have phone calls. I'd rather be on 3G/H+ to make sure I can receive calls than go back to stock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones