1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Lines/Stripes in touchscreen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RPG94, Jul 29, 2011.

1. RPG94

RPG94 Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    Hello,

I received a new HTC Desire yesterday. Before I started the phone I tried to install an Invisibleshield screenprotector (with spray) but it wasn't a success because there was dust under the screenprotector, so I removed the screenprotector.

Today I turned on the HTC for the first time and I noticed light horizontal lines/stripes at the top of the screen. They are almost invisible but with a white or light background you can see it. It is really annoying. I don't think it is the grid of the touchscreen.

Is this a common issue and are the stripes normal? Is it possible that the stripes came because of too much pressure or the spray I used for the screenprotector? Should I send the phone back to the shop and ask for a new one because of the stripes?

Grtz,
    Robbin

Advertisement

2. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Firefighter
    Alberta Canada
    I got some of that spray in my phone and made the screen have dark spots. If it is the spray it should evaporate within a day as it is just alcohol. If your screen doesn't return normal within a day I would say take it back to where you bought it from.

Tags: