• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Link Facebook profiles with People, but not numbers!

jsp_1983

Dec 8, 2009
Blackpool, UK
I have an incredibly annoying problem with my People contacts, where if I link a contact's Facebook account to their profile on my phone, People also decides to add in their phone numbers! This means I end up with duplicate phone numbers to choose from (for example, when selecting a contact to send an SMS to) or numbers that have been incorrectly added to Facebook by the contact (made up numbers or incorrect international dialing codes).

All I want is to link the Facebook account and NOT have the contact details automatically added.

The only contacts I have set up to view in People are my Google contacts - 'Facebook for HTC Sense' is unticked.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Not a exact fix to your problem, but the only way i could get round it was to do the following

---------------------------

Click on Phone

Find a contact with a incorrect number (as mentioned starts 44)
Long press on the contact
Then click View contact
Scroll down and press edit
Change the mobile (This should have the proper contact number in it) to another option (Fax for example)
Click Save
Long press on the changed option above(Fax) and select "Set as primary number"
Select edit again
Change the Fax option back to mobile and click save.
This will make the proper number the default again rather than the facebook number.

Reactions: TheDaddy
Upvote 0
I'm facing the very same issue and it's totally annoying ;(((((

If anyone comes with a (non-root) solution for this, please post.

(have some people in the contacts with fb number from different country - don't want to end up with sending international sms or even international call, by mistake)

-- Daniel

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones