• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Link to .596 OTA (Rooted/Odexed/Deodexed/Etc)

I would also like to know the answer to the above question ... I have the same baseband and my system versions is listed as 4.5.573, will I have to SBF and use the two .zips or can I still flash the .596 ??

Answer to your question is no you don't have to be at .12p just download the files and droid 2 bootloader and install both files, very easy.

Upvote 0
I was on stock Froyo 2.3.340 and it went smooth
Your situation was not the same as WishinItWas's situation. Not trying to be mean, but if you don't know what you are talking about, don't help. Let some of the more experienced people help.

To answer WishinItWas's question, you need to SBF back to 340 and then apply the two zip files. Otherwise, you will still have the .07P radio file with your .596 OS.

Reactions: WishinItWas
Upvote 0
I did that on both our phones and it worked great. My wife is downloading the OTA update now.

Ok, due to our crappy wireless at home it took almost all night to download the update. This morning I grab the phone and hit the button that says install update and it reboots, new red Motorola boot logo then I get a screen that says:
Bootloader
Err:A5,69,35,00,27

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

What gives? Any ideas? I can't get it to boot into factory reset mode.

Upvote 0
Ok, due to our crappy wireless at home it took almost all night to download the update. This morning I grab the phone and hit the button that says install update and it reboots, new red Motorola boot logo then I get a screen that says:
Bootloader
Err:A5,69,35,00,27

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

What gives? Any ideas? I can't get it to boot into factory reset mode.
Someone else had the same problem...
http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/346242-ota-just-broke-my-x.html

Upvote 0
I have a question that was asked above by someone else, but not answered. I sbf'd to .340 and then installed the 2-part update.

Is this 2-part update odexed or deodexed? I would like to be deodexed, so if this 2-part update is odexed, can I just install the 1-part deodexed version over top of this?

Thanks!

The 2 part was definitely odexed. Realized it when I did a nandroid and all the odex files started passing by.

Upvote 0
I an currrently running leaked 588 non rooted. When i try to download (from any source i have found) the download does not start. Quite odd.

anyone have deodexed version? wupload and rapidshare seem to just hang.

If you are on leaked non-rooted, you need to sbf back to .340 and flash the rooted version. If you flash the odexed version, and change your mind and decide that you want the odexed version, flashing bochigo's odexer found on this page will deodex you.

If you are having trouble downloading the 596 rom, then you can purchase the Team Black Hat App . You can download when you need from within the app.

Good luck,
Steven

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones