1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Link to how to get Google search with Touchwiz?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MonmouthDroid, Nov 7, 2010.

1. MonmouthDroid

MonmouthDroid Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    I am getting a new phone because mine got broken in half. I am torn between the X and the Fascinate. I am leaning toward the fascinate but want to know how to get google search on touchwiz because i don't want to switch launchers. I don't like adw or launcher pro. If I have to switch launchers to get google, I'll just get the X. Any help would be great.

Advertisement

2. GoBruins

GoBruins Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
  3. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Don't forget that when 2.2 drops you will have a choice between google and bing.

4. NOsquid

NOsquid Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    What exactly do you want? Default Google in the browser? Google search widget? Soft-key to Google? Google Voice?

I don't think you can map the soft-key to Google in TW but I haven't kept up in a long time because I just use another launcher. I think the Fascinate is better than the X in every way except GPS, but if you really need TW that could be a deal-breaker. Again, not sure.

I don't think I've heard of anyone not liking LP *or* ADW, given all the customization options. What is it about TW that you can't get in LP or ADW? Ever try Zeam?

5. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    NJ
    just remember that (if this is important to you) either using a different touchwiz or replacing touchwiz with lpp or adw will break facebook sync or social messaging widget updates.

personally i would never use those anyway as they are a battery drain. :)