• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Link2sd ex2 partition

fizzycat

Lurker
Feb 4, 2013
[FONT=&quot]just wondered if my S5830i supports ex2 partitions. I created a fat32 and ex2 partition on my sd card but when I link apps using link2sd it links the apps to the fat32 partition even thought I set up link2sd to use the ex2 partition.
any suggestions welcome!

[/FONT]

Check Link2sd settings.

I don't remember whether Link2SD cares about the order of the partitions. For most apps2sd solutions you put fat32 as the first partition an ext as second, so if you put them the other way round that might be a factor. Both partitions should be primary I believe.

Finally, how did you make the ext partition? When I used to have a HTC Desire (very little storage) we saw a lot of people make ext partitions which the phone couldn't use, and they had always used Minitool Partition Wizard to partition the card. People who used GParted never had such problems. So if you can't find anything else but did use Minitool you might try remaking the partition (I don't know whether Minitool has got better, but this was the answer in enough cases that I distrust it).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones