• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Link2Sd not working

DesiDude

Jul 23, 2012
Hello guys!!
I'm facing some problems with link2sd.
I've created two partitions on my SD, the first one is a FAT32 and the second one is ext4.
When I open link2sd and choose ext4 I get this message:
"The installation script can't be created.

mount: mounting /dev/block/vold/179:2 on /data/sdext2 failed: invalid argument"

I have a custom ROM (Gingerblue v2) and I get this message with ext2, ext3, ext4 and also FAT32.

Can someone help me??:(:(

Today I bought a new SD 16gb card, and I installed Link2SD, made a ext4 partition. I got the same error. But I found how to make it work. Just change the ext4 to ext2. Apparently ON, or app fault(I really don't know), doesn't read the ext4 part, only ext2, and I guess ext3 works, I didn't tryed.

Upvote 0
Today I bought a new SD 16gb card, and I installed Link2SD, made a ext4 partition. I got the same error. But I found how to make it work. Just change the ext4 to ext2. Apparently ON, or app fault(I really don't know), doesn't read the ext4 part, only ext2, and I guess ext3 works, I didn't tryed.

I have already tried ext2 partition but with no success!!!
:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones