• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Link2sd PLUS and Showbox

Hi there. Here's the deal....

I have rooted my Exhibit successfully and partitioned my SD card with Aparted. I have got Link2sd working, and have got everything linked to my 2nd partition on the SD card.

What I really want to do is to get Showbox and those large files moved over to the SD card, of course.

I have Showbox linked, but it still seems to be eating up the space on my internal storage.

I upgraded to Link2sd Plus because I figured that maybe it was the data files that needed to be moved.

So what I'm wondering is am I making this harder than it should be?

Link2sd Plus says that in order to link those data files, I have to use a non-FAT file system. So do I have to reformat the whole SD disk, then link everything again? And what file system should I choose. I thought that when I created the first partition, somewhere it told me to use FAT-32.

Thanks for the help. My phone is "almost" set up perfect now.

David

Hi there. Here's the deal....

I have rooted my Exhibit successfully and partitioned my SD card with Aparted. I have got Link2sd working, and have got everything linked to my 2nd partition on the SD card.

What I really want to do is to get Showbox and those large files moved over to the SD card, of course.

I have Showbox linked, but it still seems to be eating up the space on my internal storage.

I upgraded to Link2sd Plus because I figured that maybe it was the data files that needed to be moved.

So what I'm wondering is am I making this harder than it should be?

Link2sd Plus says that in order to link those data files, I have to use a non-FAT file system. So do I have to reformat the whole SD disk, then link everything again? And what file system should I choose. I thought that when I created the first partition, somewhere it told me to use FAT-32.

Thanks for the help. My phone is "almost" set up perfect now.

David

Well I don't know what showbox is but it could be cache files or something taking up space still.

When you partition your SD card for link2sd you need 2 different partitions. You still need the main fat 32 partition to still be able to transfer stuff to your sd card like pictures and music, and then the 2nd partition should be ext3 or ext4. I recommend ext4.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones