1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Link2Sd Questions

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by LuckyOnigiri, Jun 18, 2016.

1. LuckyOnigiri

LuckyOnigiri Lurker
    None

Jun 18, 2016
    Male
    Okay. I'm new here. Please have mercy on me, community.
    Anyways, I have tried nearly every tutorial I could find. I tried nearly everything and I'm at the point of pulling my hair out. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Firstly, here is what I'm using/trying to partition :

- 128GB XC microSD
    - Minitool Partition Wizard 9.1
    - Link2SD App
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999L (Rooted)
    - Fat32Formatter for Windows (The sd card is apparently exFat by default)

Yes, I know exFat isn't usually supported, that's why I tried to convert it to Fat32 with the formatter. It works, but Minitool Partition Wizard just doesn't want to work. I use Windows 10, if that affects anything.
    I try to "Move/Resize" the first partition to the sizes I want, set it as primary, and set to Fat32. The same way every single person in tutorials keeps saying. Then I create a new partition, and that's where things seem to go wrong. I create a partition, I set it to ext2/ext3/ext4 or even Fat32/Fat16 (See? I try everything). I don't even know if the cluster size or the "Label Name" affects anything, so I leave them alone. As soon as I finish, I click apply. And then when it finishes, the second partition is ALWAYS full. The "used space" is always taken up, no matter what I do. For example, I wanted to use 500 MB for the second partition. After I apply everything, for some reason the "used space" will be 500 MB. The used space is always used up, and I don't know why. This is preventing me from using Link2Sd too. The Link2SD App will always give me the "Mount Script Cannot Be Created : Invalid Argument" error. I can't just ignore that used space.
    Is there ANYTHING I am doing wrong? It can't be my SD Card, it isn't corrupted.
    Is there anything I am missing? Or are cards larger than 64GB simply not possible to work with?
    The Aparted App never works.
    The EaseUS Partition Software isn't free, and I'm not taking chances.
    I haven't tried GParted yet.
    I am running out of hope.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thank You.

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Format the card while in the phone first