1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Linked contact disappears?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Perry, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Perry

Perry Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2014
    I have Android 4.2.2 with the included Contacts app. It provides the ability to link a contact to others. But when you do that, the details for the contact being linked disappear into the contact being linked to and the linked contact disappears.

For example, David and Dawn are partners. Home phone, address etc. are listed under David. Both have mobile phones so one needs two contacts to show this. When I link Dawn to David, Dawn disappears and her mobile number is shown under David, with no indication that the number is not David's. David just has two mobile numbers. This seems pretty poor.

I am not (knowingly) synchronizing to Google.

Is there something I am missing here?

Advertisement

2. mplevy

mplevy Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    New York, USA
    "Linking" contacts merges them, as you found out. Where this helps is if you have, say, your Facebook contacts synced to your phone, you can then link your Facebook contact to your "Contacts" contact for the same person and only have 1 entry for that contact rather than 2.

The "link" capability was not intended (IMO) as a "this person and this person live in the same place or are married so they're 'linked'."

Mr. Lucky, Crashdamage and Perry like this.