1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Linkedin contacts won't sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by evcam, Aug 23, 2012.

1. evcam

evcam Lurker

Hi

When I first got my samsung S3, I managed to successfully link both my google account and linkedin account so I could see both in the contacts. The S3 was also smart enough to mostly do work out duplicates and also show photos from linkedin where available.

I noticed yesterday that the the linkedin contacts were no longer syncing. I have changed my linkedin password recently so I deleted the account from the S3 and added it back in again with the new password.

Now I can't see any linkedin contacts at all, nor any photos, despite the sync process saying that it completes successfully. I also tried removing the google account and adding it back in, but that didn't work either.

Has anyone else had syncing problems with linkedin and the S3, and any ideas how to fix it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. evcam

evcam Lurker

Update: i re-synced my contacts again today and this time i got 15 of my linkedin contacts synced to the phone, correctly showing the photos and linking to the google record for those contacts.

However i have many more contacts than 15. I wonder if this could be a linkedin api restriction... Seems odd to just do a few (although when i first got the phone, all the linkedin contacts appeared to sync)

3. ArjanB

ArjanB Lurker

have the same issue on Galaxy-S: no contacts are visible (even when de-selecting the indicator 'only show contacts with phonenumber'), although synchronisation is reported completed.

4. evcam

evcam Lurker

Having left it a few days now, with my phone syncing automatically in the background, I am now up to a grand total of 40 linked in contacts showing up (around 5% of my total number of contacts).

There is something strange going on here but I have no idea what it could be. As I said in my first post, when the phone was brand new, I could sync all my linked in contacts no problem

5. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Probably dodgy update. I only have 4 now

6. evcam

evcam Lurker

Update:

It's 1.5 months on and I now have 252 linkedin contacts synced to the phone. It seems that a few more dribble in each day.

So slow improvement, but still only a quarter of my linkedin contacts synced, and several weeks taken to achieve that. Pretty unusable really.

I wonder of linkedin somehow throttle their api usage to only allow a few updates per day?

Has anyone experienced a full sync with linked in with no problems?

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews