• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Linkin Park -- A Thousand Suns

ScorpDX

Android Expert
Feb 7, 2010
Dallas/Fort Worth
First let me preface by saying I love Linkin Park. Not a hater in any way, just...

Has any bought this album and listened to it? Am I the only one who thinks it completely sucks?!?

It sounds like they tried to combine boy bands and rap with a little country and techno thrown in!

I heard them giving an in-studio interview on XM-Octane last month promoting the album. They promised a "new sound that no one's heard before." Well, they succeeded in that! And it's a shitty one at that! Seriously, why change up when you have a fan base that like what you are?

This sounds to me like the same problem linkin park fans have had since minutes to midnight.

I listened to hybrid theory.. LOVED IT
I listened to meteora.... LOVED IT
I listedn to hybrid theory ep... LOVED IT
I prepurchased minutes to midnight and lost my faith in god it sucked so bad :/

Thats not to say there wasn't a redeeming song or two.. "what I've done" was ok before it was overplayed senseless and Bleed it out was pretty good..

I didn't care for anything else.... but, here is what I observed.

Around meteora.. "ALL OF LINKIN PARKS SONGS SOUND THE SAME BBBBBAAWWWWWWWW"

Minutes to Midnight "YOUR NEW SOUND SUCKS! WE WANT THE OLD LINKIN PARK BACK!"

Now We are at thousand suns.. haven't heard the whole album but, what I have heard I really like as far as what ehy have played on the radio.

Its different.. but, had this been their new sound back around minutes to midnight.. I may still be a more dedicated LP fan.

I swear to god.. If people start bitching about disturbed and disturbed changes.. I'm killing people.

Disturbed has progressed to sound different and "evolved" over time.. They get a little harder and a little darker as time goes on.. LP just totally went experimental and missed the mark in a lot of ways..

I do think LP deserves applause.. when you go experimental.. and you can fail big.. They are least had the balls to start over from scratch.. And sure they failed.. but, they could have also become an even bigger hit.

If only businesses were more willing to experiment and find out what works.

Upvote 0
I really liked Hybrid Theory (Supposed to be the bands name, BTW) and I absolutely love Reanimation (probably one of my favorite albums). I think Meteora was good, but not as good as it could have been. Minutes to Midnight was far too whiny for my taste and I don't even listen to it. I was really excited when I heard about the new album, but while it is on my phone I haven't really listened to it yet.

I do notice that they are progressing and I think that their future stuff could be very impressive or even groundbreaking.

On A Thousand Suns I like a few of the songs, but the electro drums really kill it for me. It reminds me of how badly they screwed up the drum sounds for St. Anger.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones