1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

linking contacts with facebook profile problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by theguest13, May 16, 2011.

1. theguest13

theguest13 Member

I've got a problem where not all my Facebook friends are available for me to link to contacts. if that makes sense. I click the broken chain in the corner of the contact card, select Facebook , then there's some that are missing. Only noticed this because my girlfriend used to be linked but now isn't, and I cant find her, plus all the others that were linked before and aren't now. I removed my Facebook account and cleared all Facebook cache and data, re logged in and still got same problem.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. I have exactly this problem, and seems to be rather common. I have tried various fixes that I found on the web, but none that I've tried has worked. I have not tried the following, feel free to try it if you are adventurous...

1. Remove your Facebook account from the phone.
    2. On a computer, log on to Facebook and remove the HTC Sense app (Account > privacy Settings > Apps and Websites > Edit Settings)
    3. Reconnect your phone to FB

Now it should work... so I'm told, but I have not tried it...
    If you do try it and it works, please let us know.

3. PureLoneWolf

PureLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I have this issue from time to time. It is normally when the name of the contact is not the same as their Facebook name.

To get around it, I set them a nickname in the contact which is the same as their facebook name. Then, when I select join, they come up properly.

Might work for you without having to remove everything

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews