1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Linking facebook contacts (image) to phone on ICS>

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mattdanielc, May 8, 2012.

1. mattdanielc

mattdanielc Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 5, 2010
    Peasant
    England
    Hi guys

My phone updated to ICS over the weekend....

It has lost the linkages between my contacts and facebook. So when people phone / text I don't see their facebook picture anymore.

I can't find the setting to add them - only 'Join contact' which says it's only for joining multiple contacts to a single one.

So my question is... on ICS how do we add their facebook profile so I can see their image etc??

Advertisement

2. Calvo1

Calvo1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 9, 2010
    Liverpool, UK
    You can do this with either the official Facebook App or the Friendcaster pro App.
    For Official Facebook or Friendcaster you need to go into Settings -> Accounts and Sync - > press your facebook account and the option to sync contacts is there.

Secondly you can activate this in the Friendcaster App itself but you must make sure you are in the Homepage so you can access Settings.

3. mattdanielc

mattdanielc Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 5, 2010
    Peasant
    England
    Thanks for your help. I didn't have the facebook app installed when I was on gingerbread but it worked fine then?

I've installed the app anyway... and it seems to work now, but all the images are distorted on the contact - any idea why? (it looks fine on the small image bit like when loading a text...but when I call them and the image gets bigger it gets distorted and looks crap?)

4. Calvo1

Calvo1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 9, 2010
    Liverpool, UK
    No problem, I may be wrong here but I think Gingerbread had built in Facebook properties. As I had exactly the same problem when I moved to ICS.

The picture quality on mine is poor too and I dont know how to amend that yet.

I would be interested to find out though because everytime my girlfriend calls me I get even more of a fright than when I wake up next to her in the mroning !!

Answers on a postcard please.