• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Linking Facebook users to contacts

Llama

Lurker
Jan 14, 2010
Belgium
Hi,

I have to link a lot of my contacts manually to my Facebook friends. I read it should go automatic, but that doesn't seem to work for me all the time. (People -> Updates and Events -> Update now)

It seems it only automatically links people who have recently updated any photos recently. Is it possible to force it to go over each of my contacts and see if there is a match?

Also, I would LOVE it if the contact would be synced back into Gmail with the information it pulled from Facebook. Is this possible?

Hi,

I have to link a lot of my contacts manually to my Facebook friends. I read it should go automatic, but that doesn't seem to work for me all the time. (People -> Updates and Events -> Update now)

It seems it only automatically links people who have recently updated any photos recently. Is it possible to force it to go over each of my contacts and see if there is a match?

Also, I would LOVE it if the contact would be synced back into Gmail with the information it pulled from Facebook. Is this possible?

Hi any idea how to turn the settings onto automatic? atm i'm having to do exactly the same.. (People -> Updates and Events -> Link Facebook Profile).

And sorry i don't really know about syncing back to gmail.

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones