1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Linking multiple Android tablets together

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by spottedhaggis, May 18, 2016.

1. spottedhaggis

spottedhaggis Lurker
    None

May 18, 2016
    Male
    I have an expo later next month and I want to have 3 identical 10" tablets, each no a shelf beneath the other, and I want to have multiple slides, video clips etc all put together by whatever means, and have the slide from the top tablet slide down into the middle one, while it then shows another slide, and so on and so forth.

I have had a look and am struggling to find an app that can link all three tablets together and let me do something like this.

Can anyone advise at all. (I should note I have not purchased these tablets yet, so testing is between an android Lenovo phone and Nexus 7 both running the latest 6 version

Advertisement

2. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    Maybe somebody will suggest an app, but I doubt that you'll find an app that synchronizes a slide-show like that. As a workaround, you could just use the built-in Android "Gallery" app on all 3 tablets and run each of them in slide-show mode (on a duplicated copy of the same pictures folder), starting each one so that they appear to be sliding from one to the other. For example, the Gallery slideshow mode swipes the photos across the screen from the old photo to the new photo at a frequency of X seconds. So if you started the 1st tablet's slideshow and then started the 2nd tablet's slide show X seconds later, and the 3rd one X seconds later, then they might stay in lock-step with each other.

If your expo is at some kind of large facility with a lot of exhibitors, I'd stay away from any solution that relies on streaming photos via WiFi because the WiFi frequencies tend to get unreliably congested at such expos.