1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support linking multiple devices?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wheresmybeans, Jan 29, 2014.

1. wheresmybeans

wheresmybeans Newbie
    None

Jun 3, 2013
    I currently have multiple devices all running android. these include, nexus 7 2012, nexus 7 2013, Samsung tab 2 10.1, and a dell streak 5 (rooted).
    I often use these devices in conjunction with each other, controller and display for instance.
    What I would like to know is, Can I find a way to use multiple tablets. as you would with multiple monitors connected to a windows pc in dual-monitor mode. So that lets say, if a mouse was connected to one tablet and the cursor was moved to the very edge of the screen instead of simply being halted it would move to the next device. I know this a long shot but you can't blame a guy for trying.

If anybody has other suggestions for linking/using my devices in useful ways you're insight would be well received. many thanks, Beans.

Advertisement

2. tukatz

tukatz Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    Retired
    Lakewood, WA
    I use my N7 2013 ALMOST as a replacement for my Win 7 laptop. I run a network at home with a Windows Home Server and a home theater PC connected to my 50" flat screen. My N7 can 'see' all the Windows devices on the network and can copy files back and forth. I check financials in the morning and, after making updates with my N7, copy files back to my Home Server. I then remote in to my home theater PC with TeamViewer and launch a backup of my Home Server. If I am traveling I can do the same using TeamViewer to copy files. Works great.