1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Linpack Slugfest?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bossk42, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Bossk42

Bossk42 New Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Morning. So I finally was able to figure out upgrading to 2.1 required me to plug directly into my PC's motherboard instead of a USB HUB (My G15 Keyboard) And I was watching a few videos and saw a program called linpack. Now I wanted to get 2.1 because my moment felt incredibly sluggish. After the upgrade it does feel faster but I ran linpack to see what I got. It came back at 2.578 MFLOPS and took 35.52 seconds. In the videos it took like 1/4 of a second to finish, I am waiting over half a minute! What is going on here. Bad install of linpack or is my phone running with the snails.

Advertisement

2. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    computer tech
    Virginia
    The video was most likely the older (less accurate and much faster result times) version of linpack. The new, more accurate version takes about 30 seconds on averages to return a score. If you really would like to improve the sluggish performance of the phone rooting the phone with a custom kernel will help a bit and for increase performance gains either arm11 or jit libs will boost you scores even further.

3. edp

edp Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    agreed with dntesinfro. i'm gettin average of 8.6 on linpack

4. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    If it makes you feel any better you would have gotten around the same score on the old version as well, it would have just finished faster. :p