1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Linux swap on mt3g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aldaris, Mar 26, 2010.

1. aldaris

aldaris Member

Mar 8, 2010
    okay so i've heard you shouldnt set a swap for the mt3g because it doesnt make a difference... is this true? my friend who helped me out rooting my phone and flashing new roms told me this, he told me i would see no improvement over doing this, i believed him because id idnt know better, and he might be right, but i heard a lot of people flashing roms into the g1/mytouch do it, so i wanted to know what difference does it make? i know what swap does, and that it creates 'physical ram' but i would like to know if anyone knows about making no difference in mytouch... thank you for your help.... and if anything you can reach me on gtalk at joseberrioramirez@gmail.com main reason i'm asking this is because i'm gettin a class 6 card on monday and wanted to see what i was gonna do because i wanna set on one rom for now :D.

THank you in advance

Advertisement

2. dispozable

dispozable New Member

Oct 5, 2010
    i swear its like a new phone. i have cyanogen-6 2.2 froyo and it was starting to get a little slow from all the new features. i disabled animations and uninstalled apps to no avail. i downloaded "Swapper 2" from the market and set it up to 32mb swap and set the swappiness to 30 (swappiness=how much it is accessed) and its like a new phone. i used to wait 6-8 seconds after a pandora exit, and now its close to 1.5-2 seconds. music is instant load as well as the app drawer.

(also this does wear out your sdcard a bit faster but who cares? they are cheap anyways)