• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Liquid 3.0 Final Link Up

Question...I like the way the buttons on bottom (phone, contacts, apps, texts, browser) are on this linked image

I had it installed, Liquid Gingerbread...I can't remember if it was Gingersense or Thunderbread...anyways my question is do other ROMs have that style, or is that something I can change myself on other ROMs? What would be the proper terminology...I don't think that is Sense...and you are all smarter then me...

Upvote 0
Question...I like the way the buttons on bottom (phone, contacts, apps, texts, browser) are on
original-droid-users-want-a-cookie-liquid-gingerbread-rom-v1-0-now-available_1.jpg

I had it installed, Liquid Gingerbread...I can't remember if it was Gingersense or Thunderbread...anyways my question is do other ROMs have that style, or is that something I can change myself on other ROMs? What would be the proper terminology...I don't think that is Sense...and you are all smarter then me...

That looks like laucher pro with the default dock. You could install it on any AOSP or Sense rom. Market link

Reactions: mattbirk
Upvote 0
Make sure to mess around with the refirb a lot before you unroot/root make sure the phone works as well as your other one or send it back for a different refirb. I think you have read the refirb hell threads in the non-root area.
Yeah, thanks dude. I already had 2 refurbs sent back and I still have my original. This one is going to get sent back and back until I like it.

Upvote 0
So apparently the latest build (I am still on the 9/14 release) will only work with eclipse and Tiamat.

I am not sure I am comfortable with a ROM as a DD for which I cannot fall back to a stable Imo kernel. I liked the eclipse kernel, but I always knew if I needed to I could just flash 3.5.8.

I am starting to get a bit disconcerted.

It seems like there is always some kind of weirdness associated with every development. DT seems like a cool guy and he is very helpful. But he also kind of gets all over the place and abandons ROMS with...abandonment. CM7 has a very good chance of withering with slayher gone from Verizon, and it is too vanilla for my tastes anyway. Same with OMFGB. Plus OMFGB does not seem to like my phone--I may need to try it again since it has been a while, plus be nice to support my TX peeps, lol. I like Liquid's ROM's the best...AOSP with lots of buttons and levers...to me what a custom ROM should be. But the whole pay to play thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth (don't forget that 99% of the ROM is CM7 which he got for free), and now there are some issues with kernels, etc.

Jeepers, I am considering flashing the latest bamf sense rom, and I don't even like those guys, lol. See, there is always something.

Upvote 0
I am starting to get a bit disconcerted.

Let's see what happens by Friday. This is really the fastest and best designed TB rom I have found all politics aside. The Liquid control panel is so much more intuitive than CM7 setting or OMFG stuff. It doesn't look like GB Sense is coming soon either. I wish he'd put out actual nightlies like I get on my DI. :D

Upvote 0
That is great, I would hate for my battery not to show the correct %.
Yeah, it was awful. Never went green unless I rebooted, then only to 90%. I could take the battery out and externally charge it, still never showed as full. But this one is a honey! Got it up to 100% last night, surfed, phone call (I think), synched accounts.. 2 hours later still at 100%. (new battery, however) Listened to music for an hour or so.. down to 94 or something like that.

Then I did something I have never done. I didn't plug it in at night. I just wanted to see how much drain I'd have in 7 or 8 hours. When I looked it was at 82% which means in that time I only lost about 10%. No profiles either, simply Tiamat 1.1.3 with a slight OC of 1.112. Tell ya, it's nice to have a working phone again.

Upvote 0
Then I did something I have never done. I didn't plug it in at night. I just wanted to see how much drain I'd have in 7 or 8 hours. When I looked it was at 82% which means in that time I only lost about 10%. No profiles either, simply Tiamat 1.1.3 with a slight OC of 1.112. Tell ya, it's nice to have a working phone again.

Ha im a fan of doing this as well, although not that helpful as a real usage test ;). I left my phone unplugged at around 96% and when I woke up 8ish hours later it was at 84%. I'm still on blacksource 2.1 with imo 3.5.8.

Upvote 0
I hope not the version that won't boot with IMO's kernels. Does anyone have any idea if liquid does any tweaks to the romdisk that would make the use of an anykernel worth it? I've got an anykernel of imo's 3.7.0 I want to test out but I want a clean flash to do it on and DT latest black rom just wasn't working for me.

Upvote 0
I hope not the version that won't boot with IMO's kernels. Does anyone have any idea if liquid does any tweaks to the romdisk that would make the use of an anykernel worth it? I've got an anykernel of imo's 3.7.0 I want to test out but I want a clean flash to do it on and DT latest black rom just wasn't working for me.

Imo did mention he was going to see why his kernel wasn't booting with 3.0 so maybe we'll find out what the deal is and you wont have to mess around with the any kernel tweak.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones