• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Liquid 3.0 Final Link Up

Ah come on. It's only money.

Edit: The deal is that this is the best rom aosp or sense that is out there for our phone and you know it. So yes, we have to pay for the work. He doesn't coddle us but if there is something that is screwed up we get a fix by the morning via gtalk. It doesn't work with all kernels but the ones it does work with gives us battery life beyond what we have experienced previously. BYMMV. As always.

Upvote 0

Edit: The deal is that this is the best rom aosp or sense that is out there for our phone and you know it. So yes, we have to pay for the work. He doesn't coddle us but if there is something that is screwed up we get a fix by the morning via gtalk. It doesn't work with all kernels but the ones it does work with gives us battery life beyond what we have experienced previously. BYMMV. As always.

I agree, it is probably the best ROM out there right now.

I don't even have a problem with Liquid reserving the nightly's for people that donate, but I did donate, and the only nightly I got, I had to ask Liquid for, and never saw another release after that. Asked nicely twice, got ignored, flashed CM7, not looking back.

Upvote 0

You mean paying Liquid for the CM7 team's work. They did the vast majority of the work.

Then you read about experiences like IBrick's.

Then you look at the Liquid branded stuff on the website.

Then you look at his tweets soliciting for donations.

I think I am going back to CM7 (the guys that actually do all the work) in the morning and, like IBrick, not look back. I have no need for this BS.

Reactions: WormDoes
Upvote 0
You mean paying Liquid for the CM7 team's work. They did the vast majority of the work

Then you look at his tweets soliciting for donations.

Exactly. If CM doesn't charge he has no right to for adding free fonts and other people CM themes.

About the tweets, I wasn't going to say anything, but it's extremely tacky to solicit for donations and then talk about smoking weed. I have nothing against weed, I do know that it's quite expensive. So don't claim "poor guy" and then flaunt a luxury in our faces.

Upvote 0
That being said. There is a 9 15 or so version that is basically the same. You need to use either tiamat or jdk, but it's only a 68 meg rom at most. A few more little tweaks after that but same basic rom. Don't let the politics into this discussion. That's for the lounge. Run this baby, it's the best by far. PS. Tiamat v2 is the only way, imo.

Upvote 0
That being said. There is a 9 15 or so version that is basically the same. You need to use either tiamat or jdk, but it's only a 68 meg rom at most. A few more little tweaks after that but same basic rom. Don't let the politics into this discussion. That's for the lounge. Run this baby, it's the best by far. PS. Tiamat v2 is the only way, imo.

If I remember correctly, I might have my date's off by a day.. I think the 9.15 release (the first version with the kanged font changer app, and theme directory) worked with other Kernel's. Does that sound right?

I know the 9.14 version does, since I had it backed up with Imo 3.5.8. That version did not have the build in fonts and themes, and I'm pretty sure I remember using the next day's release with Imo's kernel.

I believe that was the last one that was compatible with something other than JD or Tiamat. I did keep that one since I thought it was the best of the nightly's.

Upvote 0
If I remember correctly, I might have my date's off by a day.. I think the 9.15 release (the first version with the kanged font changer app, and theme directory) worked with other Kernel's. Does that sound right?

I know the 9.14 version does, since I had it backed up with Imo 3.5.8. That version did not have the build in fonts and themes, and I'm pretty sure I remember using the next day's release with Imo's kernel.

I believe that was the last one that was compatible with something other than JD or Tiamat. I did keep that one since I thought it was the best of the nightly's.

I think you are right. I have the 9/14 without the fonts, etc.

I think I have changed my mind. I am going to either wait for Xoom to fix the 9/22 build of OMFGB and make another attempt with it, or go back to a DT ROM. I also have little tickle to try BAMF Forever (shields on full power!).

Upvote 0
They are all decent roms and fun to play around with. Try loading the new Sense SoaB and you'll remember why you're on aosp. The d/l alone is over 350 meg. I had to do a restore to it yesterday for a GPS lock with the new radio and it took about forever to restore and backup again. Pretty looking but so, so laggy.

Never was a fan of god mode, just personal preference. DT and hacker drove me nuts with all their diff roms and mods. I could not figure out which I was even on half the time.

But the speed of Liquid 3.0 is incredible as is the batt life. I don't even UV any more at all with Tiamat although I do OC to 1.113 or something like that. I really do wish he'd put this out for public consumption or at least a build or two back. I only know of one other person getting nightlies and there is no change log whatsoever from what I can discern. As I understand it, in my simplified attempt, is that he's only focused on speed now since I don't see many changes. He does update built in apps to the very latest versions however, something most rom devs leave up to us.

I can't remember if it was 9-14 or 15 but the one I liked best was the one with Tiamat's built in. The next morning the flash was the same but with JDK's kernel. I went back to the older one or maybe I just flashed Tiamat's over it. Yeah, that's what I did. That was also the last build I could flash over without problems. The latest needs a full wipe.

I'll try to keep you guys up to date on what's going on. I believe he's going to release it although no one knows when. Personally, and this is strictly my preference, if I had a 9 15 build with or without the font thing, that's what I'd be running. Not to say something better won't come down the pike, but as for now this is the fastest and sleekest TB rom out there, imo. On my phone, even on 9 15, nothing even came close.

Upvote 0
This entire scenario just became SUPER shady. I'm very happy on 9.15 (the one with kanged fonts/themes, right?) but may go back to CM7 just because I don't want to support this nonsense

Unrelated note, it looks like Slayher has gotten settled in after his move. Been seeing more and more of him on Twitter lately. Hopefully a new CM build is coming soon :D

Upvote 0
This entire scenario just became SUPER shady. I'm very happy on 9.15 (the one with kanged fonts/themes, right?) but may go back to CM7 just because I don't want to support this nonsense

Unrelated note, it looks like Slayher has gotten settled in after his move. Been seeing more and more of him on Twitter lately. Hopefully a new CM build is coming soon :D

Disappearing dev?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones