• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Liquid 3.2 = dead wifi/gps

thecarlsoncrew

Sep 29, 2010
I just upgraded to Liquid 3.2 (full SBF to 602, ota'd to 605, rooted, then flash to Liquid). I love the ROM, but it appears that my wifi and GPS are now broken. Wifi tries to turn on but then turns off after a second or two; GPS won't even attempt to come on. Anyone know a fix for this?

Titaniac - thanks for chipping in. Would you clarify what you mean by 'reinstall'? Are you referring to the whole SBF-to-.602-then-ota-to-.605-then-rooting-then-flashing process, or are you referring to something less destructive, like just re-flashing LGB3.2? I did wipe the data and cache three times prior to installing LGB3.2 the last time around, and again after the install (every time I've installed a new ROM in the past I've needed that last wipe in order to clear out the old one completely). I'd like to avoid as much pain as possible, but if that's what it takes to get wifi/gps working, I'll go ahead and do it. Ugh...

Upvote 0
I guess I've made some progress...

I rebooted into recovery, wiped cache and Dalvik cache, and tried again. Now the GPS appears to be working, and the wifi stays on. However, when I try to connect to my home network, it drops off after a second or two (once it connects, it keeps scanning, and then it disconnects). I logged into my router and saw that my phone was briefly hitting it, but all the router log showed was the transfer of an IP address, nothing useful for troubleshooting. Does anyone know of a log file on the phone somewhere that might indicate why it keeps dropping off of my wireless network (yes, I've double checked the password, and yes, the wireless network is functional right now).

I'm out of guesses at this point, so I'm hoping someone else can help me out.

Upvote 0
Hm. It gets curiouser and curiouser...

I've been tinkering throughout the day, and if there is any generalization I can make, it's that between wifi, GPS, and airplane mode, one of them (occasionally two, but never all three) will work at any given time, but every time I reboot a different combination starts working. Go figure.

Help anyone?

Upvote 0
I experienced something similar with my DX. I am rooted for about a week now but haven't had the time to flash a ROM yet. I was unable to connect wirelessly at work (open, no encryption) but this particular router is often down. I thought nothing of it until I tried connecting to my home router last night. The router was recognized by my phone as a wifi network but was saying connecting, then connected for about a second, then disconnecting. I rebooted and had the same problem. I was going to re-enter my WEP but my phone's battery just dropped to nothing and was too tired to go upstairs and get it. Bluetooth worked last night but when I was getting out of my car this morning, it wasn't connected. Didn't try to fix it as I was now at work. I can now connect to the wireless at work without a problem. Going to re-enter my WEP key tonight to see if that solves the problem.

May be completely unrelated. :D

Upvote 0
Hm. It gets curiouser and curiouser...

I've been tinkering throughout the day, and if there is any generalization I can make, it's that between wifi, GPS, and airplane mode, one of them (occasionally two, but never all three) will work at any given time, but every time I reboot a different combination starts working. Go figure.

Help anyone?

go into the router and set the dx with a static ip that would help out that wifi issue

Upvote 0
Dumb question time...where do I set up the static IP address? I've reserved an IP address on my wireless router, so there should be no conflicts there. I know I've tinkered with static IP addresses on my DX before, but I can't find where to do that now. I don't see them under the "Wireless and Network Settings" screen, so maybe I'm just blanking on where those settings should be. Or, if they're not where they're supposed to be, could that be related to why I can't seem to connect consistently?

Upvote 0
*sigh*

Can't get it to work. I've repeated the entire process from SBF to full installation three times now (with lots of cache/data/Dalvik wiping along the way), and it's just not coming together. I don't know what the problem is, but Liquid is clearly not the ROM for me. Too bad...I really liked it. Moving on...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones