• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.1 (ROM & THEME Release) | Motorola Droid

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Load and boot went very smoothly and quicker than most ROMs that I have tested in the last few weeks. I have to say that is an awesome boot animation! I installed the stock themed ROM with the patch and market fix and selected Launcher Pro before doing any customizing.

Sync with Google did not go very well as only about 60% of my apps restored, used TiBu to do the rest, I do have a lot of apps about 120 so its not surprising to me. The only ROM so far that has restored all my apps was CM6.

This ROM is smooth and very snappy. The stock kernel performed well and I was able to get 12.5 MFLOPs and 1089 on Quadrant, this is good for my Droid with any stock kernel at 800Mhz and actually better than most ROMs. Battery life is a little less than average for me during constant use for about 3.5 hours I lost 40% of battery life.

Everything seems to work well GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi. The few things I did have a problem with was the Shazam issue which has been noted in this thread and a continual FC when trying to change contact information, it is isolated to just a few contacts but nothing seems to fix it. I believe it may have something to do with a Facebook sync that I did, but I have never seen the android.process.acore FC before.

All in all this is a good beginning to a ROM and I believe that these issues and others that have been mentioned will be quickly fixed and the next verzion will be great. I give this a 2.5 out of 5.

I hear ya, but he is working on an Patch to fix all of that. He is working hard to do so. Hopefully he gets it out soon! Cause I am waiting too! lol.

To nice of a ROM to pass up on right now.

Upvote 0
FELLAS! let me tell you! For the last week I have been testing ROMS and getting this whole thing figured out and I have some mad OCD when it comes to the particulars of ROMS (or life in general lol) And hands DOWN this is the Best ROM.

Glad you got it working. however i am curious how you have been flashing roms all week if up till last night you could not get into recovery? :)

Upvote 0
Glad you got it working. however i am curious how you have been flashing roms all week if up till last night you could not get into recovery? :)

Well I had a Custom ROM on before and then I did a nandroid back up to a previous ROM cause I was having trouble with my MMS. So I guess that nandroid ROM I had was not rooted so then when I went to load a new ROM it didn't have the SPrecovery and didn't know what the heck happened or how to fix it. Thats why.

Upvote 0
HELP! Please!

I want this ROM and I understand how to install it in the Root of the SD card, but how do I install the Theme?

And also, with all the Kernals in the link that he gives for the recommend downloadable ones to download....which ones do you download or should I? Or all of them? And where do you put them?

THANKS! Soooooooooo much !

Ok is there any ROM manager you suggest?

Also, now when I try and boot into SPRecovery I get a triangle with an ! in the middle and the phone below it....What is that and how do I fix it?

Thanks again!

I dont mean to be rude but your posts here dont make you sound like you have been flashing ROM's all week... at least not Froyo ROM's. you might have been running ROM's from 2.0, or 2.1 but reading your (no offence) but inexperience on flashing ROM i discredit your opinion on it being the best ROM out there. Not to say it isn't an awesome ROM, because it is, but your lack of experience has no weight to back you opinion.

Upvote 0
I dont mean to be rude but your posts here dont make you sound like you have been flashing ROM's all week... at least not Froyo ROM's. you might have been running ROM's from 2.0, or 2.1 but reading your (no offence) but inexperience on flashing ROM i discredit your opinion on it being the best ROM out there. Not to say it isn't an awesome ROM, because it is, but your lack of experience has no weight to back you opinion.

And I respect that. It is hard to say that without someone taking offense to it...But I will tell you this. I have been flash Windows Mobile phones for five years and that gives me a very good back ground in ROMS to look for what is good and bad and what I like along with other people...Android ROMS you're right I have not done a lot, but have done a lot of modding with phones.

But with other ROMS and what features they have, eye candy and from other posts in that "POST" discrediting or not liking that ROM. ALONG with how hard Liquid works to fix his ROMS (Example being up to 5am to get a Market Patch), let alone the effort he puts in to creating them has lead me to believe in my opinion it is the best ROM out right now or at least equal to another good ROM. Plus me using this ROM and the Theme and how fast it runs etc...it is a great ROM.

Upvote 0
And I respect that. It is hard to say that without someone taking offense to it...But I will tell you this. I have been flash Windows Mobile phones for five years and that gives me a very good back ground in ROMS to look for what is good and bad and what I like along with other people...Android ROMS you're right I have not done a lot, but have done a lot of modding with phones.

But with other ROMS and what features they have, eye candy and from other posts in that "POST" discrediting or not liking that ROM. ALONG with how hard Liquid works to fix his ROMS (Example being up to 5am to get a Market Patch), let alone the effort he puts in to creating them has lead me to believe in my opinion it is the best ROM out right now or at least equal to another good ROM. Plus me using this ROM and the Theme and how fast it runs etc...it is a great ROM.

you need to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. Windows Mobile roms have nothing to do with Android roms

Upvote 0
you need to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. Windows Mobile roms have nothing to do with Android roms

I agree to a point...You still need to know what you like and what to look for in a ROM and what are some down falls...it may not be the same or how it works...but having Flashed WM ROMS it does help give you and Idea for what to look for...

Upvote 0
Liquid's ROM - loaded 7/28/10 - w/Blueberry Theme

- Installed via Clockwork Recovery
- Had trouble with apps syncing (could be a market problem) but only installed 5 of my apps (and I tried 3 times - went back to a nandroid to make sure google resynced the apps - 1 time using stock theme only, 2 times using the blueberry theme).
- Restored Apps with Titananium Backup. Would not restore all apps. The native Twitter app, WeatherBug, and Shazam for example would not restore and can not be found in the market. Tried Liquid's Market fix and bgill's market fix and still no success. After I installed the fixes, I noticed that SetCPU and Titanium were constantly being granted SU permissions (just like with CM 6.0.0 RC1). I think this is tied to the new SU app but don't know why it only started acting up after applying the market fixes.
- Glad to see the "Sapphire Reboot menu" being used in this ROM! Very nice feature!
- VERY SNAPPY with stock kernel (800MHz). Seemed like a 1.0+ kernel in terms of speed in normal usage. Launcher Pro is loaded down, full of apps and widgets and it has been VERY smooth on this ROM
- Secont test on Quadrant with stock kernel - 898 (before SetCPU tweaks)
- Second test on Quadrant with stock kernel - 1126 (after SetCPU tweaks)
- Loaded Jake's 1.2 GHz kernel. Benchmarks are horrible but the ROM is flying! Benchmarks aren't always the best indicator :) Short Test in SetCPU was averaging around 120 (low was 107!).
- Loaded Jake's 1.0 GHz kernel thinking that the benchmarks were so low due to stability (although I had zero FC's or reboots). No Dice, Quadrant doesn't seem to like Jake's kernels. Short Test in SetCPU was averaging around 150) Impressive considering it's a 1.0GHz Kernel)
- Loaded the recommended P3Droid 1.0GHz LV Kernel and boot animation loaded really slow and then the phone was caught in a boot loop. I then loaded a different P3Droid kernel (one used in the past on countless Froyo ROMs) and everything was very slow and couldn't adjust the speed using SetCPU (the slider bars were grayed out). Very strange but I am happy with Jake's 1.2GHz Kernel at this time.

OVERALL:
Market issues are indeed a problem but DO NOT CONSIDER THIS A 2nd RATE ROM! After a couple of tweaks for the issues noted above, this will be a major contender for my ROM of choice! Battery life seems to be good (not great...but not bad either). Blueberry theme is REALLY BLUE but looks fantastic and is prevelant throughout the ROM. Not just a couple of themed apps and a themed status bar...the amount of work put into the theme is very clear :).

Score 3/5

Market issues hurt this release but if those are resolved, it is EASILY a 4 in my book! Looking forward to an updated release :)

Upvote 0

- Had trouble with apps syncing (could be a market problem) but only installed 5 of my apps (and I tried 3 times - went back to a nandroid to make sure google resynced the apps - 1 time using stock theme only, 2 times using the blueberry theme).
- Restored Apps with Titananium Backup. Would not restore all apps. The native Twitter app, WeatherBug, and Shazam for example would not restore and can not be found in the market. Tried Liquid's Market fix and bgill's market fix and still no success. After I installed the fixes, I noticed that SetCPU and Titanium were constantly being granted SU permissions (just like with CM 6.0.0 RC1). I think this is tied to the new SU app but don't know why it only started acting up after applying the market fixes.
- Glad to see the "Sapphire Reboot menu" being used in this ROM! Very nice feature!
- VERY SNAPPY with stock kernel (800MHz). Seemed like a 1.0+ kernel in terms of speed in normal usage. Launcher Pro is loaded down, full of apps and widgets and it has been VERY smooth on this ROM
- Loaded Jake's 1.2 GHz kernel. Benchmarks are horrible but the ROM is flying! Benchmarks aren't always the best indicator :) Short Test in SetCPU was averaging around 120 (low was 107!).
- Loaded Jake's 1.0 GHz kernel thinking that the benchmarks were so low due to stability (although I had zero FC's or reboots). No Dice, Quadrant doesn't seem to like Jake's kernels. Short Test in SetCPU was averaging around 150) Impressive considering it's a 1.0GHz Kernel)
- Loaded the recommended P3Droid 1.0GHz LV Kernel and boot animation loaded really slow and then the phone was caught in a boot loop. I then loaded a different P3Droid kernel (one used in the past on countless Froyo ROMs) and everything was very slow and couldn't adjust the speed using SetCPU (the slider bars were grayed out). Very strange but I am happy with Jake's 1.2GHz Kernel at this time.

OVERALL:
Market issues are indeed a problem but DO NOT CONSIDER THIS A 2nd RATE ROM! After a couple of tweaks for the issues noted above, this will be a major contender for my ROM of choice! Battery life seems to be good (not great...but not bad either). Blueberry theme is REALLY BLUE but looks fantastic and is prevelant throughout the ROM. Not just a couple of themed apps and a themed status bar...the amount of work put into the theme is very clear :).

Score 3/5

Market issues hurt this release but if those are resolved, it is EASILY a 4 in my book! Looking forward to an updated release :)

I agree, but after he gets the Market fix (which I don't doubt he will) It will be a sexy ROM.

Upvote 0

OVERALL:

Score 3/5

Thanks UB much better review!!! working hard to rebuild the entire rom could not fix the market itself with the current release unfortunately but hopefully good things might come out of a fresh source rebuild of the entire ROM and you will not have to wait that long b/c i think i have a good idea where things went wrong with the market :)

Reactions: UBRocked
Upvote 0
Thanks UB much better review!!! working hard to rebuild the entire rom could not fix the market itself with the current release unfortunately but hopefully good things might come out of a fresh source rebuild of the entire ROM and you will not have to wait that long b/c i think i have a good idea where things went wrong with the market :)

Gotta say, I did not expect this level of performance when I flashed it (I just liked the look of it). Market and SU Permission issues aside, this is staying on my phone (running a different twitter app :)). Bugs happen... but this is a winner IMO ;)

Reactions: Oracle646
Upvote 0
Gotta say, I did not expect this level of performance when I flashed it (I just liked the look of it). Market and SU Permission issues aside, this is staying on my phone (running a different twitter app :)). Bugs happen... but this is a winner IMO ;)

UB, your review nearly mirrored my experience except that I did not try any other kernels. I agree, I wanted to keep the ROM on despite the issues but I needed cardiotrainer and mytracks to work so I had to revert back at least temporarily. Once those things are solved, I plan to reinstall.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

I have to saw I am relieved that my performance issues are not mirrored in other people's running of the ROM. It is very nice to see such a responsive developer; hopefully the next release will bring me the same level of quality other people are seeing! I am really looking forward to all that this ROM can offer, and judging from the everyone's enthusiasm and the dedication of Liquid we will be seeing some really high quality stuff.

Upvote 0
Initial boot was very fast, only took about a minute to fully load. Absolutely love the boot animation, using the 3D Droid Does with the Droid X ani, replacing all the red w/ blue. However, my initial sync did not load any of my apps. However, the latest TiBu requested su permission immediately.

First thing you'll notice after everything is synced is that this is a very fast and responsive ROM. The stock kernel and default 600MHz is very capable of handling most of what you could ask of it. Flashing a trusted kernel gave me a very high Quadrant score of 1539 at 1GHz. That puts it on par w/ BBeast.

The Blueberry theme promises lots of blue and doesn't disappoint there. It's not overbearing, however, and I really loved that even the lil android smiley face in texts was blue). The nifty blue mushroom wallpaper, however was nowhere to be seen. I don't know if that's an issue I had during file transfer or not.

GPS and WiFi worked fine, but Shazam, as has been reported, would not restore. Also, I have noted my internet browser's inconsistency, but it's almost unbearable with this ROM. I can't seem to open the browser and search without it closing, and even opening a link from the News and Weather genie would close out.

The biggest draw back (and it's pretty severe for me) was the battery. It ran very hot (would go above 100F with lil effort), and the overall battery life was poor. Just turning on the screen after a full charge brought it down to 90% (I am aware many, if not most ROMs use a 20% increments), and 4 hours of fairly moderate use brought me down to 40%. In about a day and a half, I've had to charge 3 times. Even that seems to be an issue, needing about 2 hours to charge as opposed to about 1, from that same percentage.

Liquid Frozen Yogurt has potential to be a great ROM, but it has a lot of bugs to iron out first. If those issues can be addressed, this will be another solid option. Until then:

Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

Upvote 0
I must admit I haven't tried this ROM yet. However I plan to, and the reason is because of the Dev. He has been very responsive and seems to be working his hardest to get bugs worked out.

Just wanted to call that out there and give props to the Dev on this. Nice work and I can see this being a very very popular ROM in the near future...

Upvote 0
Sorry if the spooge theme offends any of you! I love the Sig my girlfriend liquidzgrl made for me but i guess when she made the Avatar her mind was in the gutter LOL. It was meant to be funny i might have her re do it and thanks for all your positive comments and constructive criticism will continue to work hard for you guys i am making a new release now expect it later tonight or tomorrow at the very latest thanks again :) keep coming back for more LFY!!! Things are only going to get more interesting i promise you that!

Upvote 0
Sorry if the spooge theme offends any of you! I love the Sig my girlfriend liquidzgrl made for me but i guess when she made the Avatar her mind was in the gutter LOL. It was meant to be funny i might have her re do it and thanks for all your positive comments and constructive criticism will continue to work hard for you guys i am making a new release now expect it later tonight or tomorrow at the very latest thanks again :) keep coming back for more LFY!!! Things are only going to get more interesting i promise you that!

I must have completely missed the offensive part. Too bad, I love offensive. lol I very much look forward to seeing this ROM progress.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones