• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.3 (FRG22 ROM Built From Source - FAST!!!) | Motorola Droid

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 28 75.7%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great improvement, after reading all the positive comments I flashed it yesterday with the stock kernel and runs like a dream. Not your issue but "Do have to say I have never had so much trouble with ROM Manager, had to alt flash and reflash clockwork to ever get back to boot so I could put the theme on". I just flashed the Chevy ULV1.25 and it runs like a dream so far will no more tomorrow but this is a first for my Droid. Never, with any ROM been able to get over 1.2GHz, with the same kernels each time. Really like the speed and smoothness, and with the crowd you have had testing and commenting on this I can say nothing less but great job.

Reactions: UBRocked
Upvote 0
Do have to say I have never had so much trouble with ROM Manager, had to alt flash and reflash clockwork to ever get back to boot so I could put the theme on

SOLUTION!

I've been dealing with the same struggles over and over...ROM after ROM. But I started restoring the data for ROM Manager with Titanium Backup when I load a new ROM...haven't had struggles since then ;)

Reactions: droid_freak
Upvote 0
just thought i would ask, will there be a new link to a new watermark'd theme? (since he's now in 3.2)

Liquid is working on some "add-ons" for his ROM. I discussed this with him and he agrees that this is the best (and most realistic) thing to do:

If you want to run Stewart's theme as is (which is very good)...just flash the stock ROM and then apply Stewart's theme (from his thread). If you want Stewart's theme with Liquid's tweaks (black facebook, twitter, google search, calendar, etc. widgets along with the transparency effects) than updates will be made for each ROM Release (changes made and released with 1.3, 1.4, etc. ROM versions)

Edit: It's Stewart's theme regardless of which version you are using...but the one you can download with the ROM is simply tweaked. Just want everyone to know...he is not trying to "re-do" Stewart's theme.

I can tell you that a patch will be released soon (next day or so) that will fix the Facebook widget, and you will see some other modifications to the themes added as well. I'm testing it now...it looks REALLY good! Sometimes it's good to be a tester...when you're not in & out of recovery all day! LOL

Thoughts?

Upvote 0
Afterthought from a ROM addict... :D

Having Liquid making a black "version" of Stewart's widgets gives us all more choices. If you would prefer Stewart's white version of his Facbook widget but want everything else to stay black...you could just replace the Facebook.apk in Liquid's Watermark'D theme listed and with the one from Stewart's thread. That is a great option to have!!!

Thanks to both of them for being able to work together (in a matter of speaking) without ego's getting in the way. These two devs are definitely concerned with user satisfaction!

If you can donate to them, that would be appreciated! These guys work their asses off for us! :)

Not trying to sound like a telethon...I'm just saying it's a good way to say thanks. We get much less from most apps in the Market than we do from them ;)

Upvote 0
I was listening to music using the droid speaker and lost the sound from the music app for about 10 minutes...I did flash the equalizer earlier but did not have it enabled. I've also listened to doggcatcher all day at work (headphones with equalizer enabled) and did not experience this. Anyone else have this happen?

Upvote 0
Liquid is working on some "add-ons" for his ROM. I discussed this with him and he agrees that this is the best (and most realistic) thing to do:

If you want to run Stewart's theme as is (which is very good)...just flash the stock ROM and then apply Stewart's theme (from his thread). If you want Stewart's theme with Liquid's tweaks (black facebook, twitter, google search, calendar, etc. widgets along with the transparency effects) than updates will be made for each ROM Release (changes made and released with 1.3, 1.4, etc. ROM versions)

Edit: It's Stewart's theme regardless of which version you are using...but the one you can download with the ROM is simply tweaked. Just want everyone to know...he is not trying to "re-do" Stewart's theme.

I can tell you that a patch will be released soon (next day or so) that will fix the Facebook widget, and you will see some other modifications to the themes added as well. I'm testing it now...it looks REALLY good! Sometimes it's good to be a tester...when you're not in & out of recovery all day! LOL

Thoughts?

Testing it out also. Facebook looks great but wont update. I'm gonna assume it's because we would lose the theme. Yeah, that's the genius that is liquid.

Upvote 0
I was listening to music using the droid speaker and lost the sound from the music app for about 10 minutes...I did flash the equalizer earlier but did not have it enabled. I've also listened to doggcatcher all day at work (headphones with equalizer enabled) and did not experience this. Anyone else have this happen?

I had that happen when I was taking a few screenshots. I took a screenshot and the music stopped. I took another on and it started again. I don't know what could cause that (ROM or App)???

Edit...I've had it happen using other ROMs when receiving a new email or something like that...strange :thinking:

Upvote 0
Just FYI...

I know some of you were talking about wallpapers. Some of the wallpaper apps have lots of images but they lack quality. Check this site out: Android Wallpaper

T8zmDl.jpg
cLmygl.jpg

:D

There are some good wallpapers with 3D/glass effects that go well with Watermark'D theme!

Upvote 0
Well, I tried flashing this now twice and have had two separate issues. First time (after formatting data/cache which I don't always do anyway) it seemed like I almost lost root. RM, SetCPU, Root Explorer, none of them would work. The all either never loaded or just gave me errors. I then tried flashing Chevy's 1.2 which I've used on other ROMs fine, but this one would just continue to lock up my phone. Had to battery pull and restore. Second time, I downloaded the same file since perhaps it was a bad download (Watermark'd version) and installed same method. This time I got to the register screen and both had no service and the little Android was unresponsive to any touch. I couldn't even log in. Eh. Back to Lithium.

Upvote 0
Enjoying the ROM so far. SS is great, but started to redraw bad (perhaps it could be a LP issue, not sure).

This one's speedy.

I don't know if it's the ROM or not, but my slideshow widget's pulling WAY more battery. My battery's at 30% after 19 hours. Slideshow widget is 31% of that total battery pull. I never noticed it on other ROMs, so oh well. I turned it off and battery should be much better.

Upvote 0
how can i go about getting it?

Well, if you want to try Sweeter Home 2, you can go to SweeterHome - Start - sweeterhome.com and DL the version for Android 2.0 and later. This home replacement is the most customizable out there, but it's complicated with a pretty steep learning curve, so I advise you to look at the FAQs on the sweeterhome website and watch the how-to videos. Then, if you want my specific theme, go to Menu once you install and open Sweeter Home 2 and select Themes, hit menu again once the themes download and then Search for GirLuvsDroid (there's one theme using my name that isn't mine, which pisses me off, but there are two different choices of themes I've made with buttons organized as they are in the pic you reproduced). You can start from one of those and edit it to make it your own. It's a good idea to check out the hundreds of other themes available, as well, or you can do what I did and start from scratch to make your own.

Upvote 0
Well, if you want to try Sweeter Home 2, you can go to SweeterHome - Start - sweeterhome.com and DL the version for Android 2.0 and later. This home replacement is the most customizable out there, but it's complicated with a pretty steep learning curve, so I advise you to look at the FAQs on the sweeterhome website and watch the how-to videos. Then, if you want my specific theme, go to Menu once you install and open Sweeter Home 2 and select Themes, hit menu again once the themes download and then Search for GirLuvsDroid (there's one theme using my name that isn't mine, which pisses me off, but there are two different choices of themes I've made with buttons organized as they are in the pic you reproduced). You can start from one of those and edit it to make it your own. It's a good idea to check out the hundreds of other themes available, as well, or you can do what I did and start from scratch to make your own.

I just installed Sweeter home and I'm going to download your theme...just to see how you set everything up :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones