• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.3 (FRG22 ROM Built From Source - FAST!!!) | Motorola Droid

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 28 75.7%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just loaded this up, but it didn't restore any of the apps from the Market.. which is kind of a bummer b/c I've never had that problem before..

I cleared the cache and FC it so I could do the whole TOS thing thinking that would do it.. but it didn't...

Now, I don't mind re-downloading apps.. but can anyone suggest a good Weather widget? Preferably one that's free, haha! UBR.. you seem to have a cook Weather widget, which one is it?

Upvote 0
Just loaded this up, but it didn't restore any of the apps from the Market.. which is kind of a bummer b/c I've never had that problem before..

I cleared the cache and FC it so I could do the whole TOS thing thinking that would do it.. but it didn't...

Now, I don't mind re-downloading apps.. but can anyone suggest a good Weather widget? Preferably one that's free, haha! UBR.. you seem to have a cook Weather widget, which one is it?

As far as the market issue...haven't seen that with this release so I'm guessing it's something installation related. Might want to try reinstalling it with the instructions I posted earlier in this thread.

As for the weather widget I use two of them and switch between them depending on my mood. "Beautiful Widgets" is the best "weather widget" and offers the most features and widgets for a small price ($2 in the market I think). The best "HTC clone" skin available is in the them in the screenshots (but that is the smaller of the two weather and clock widgets that you get).

The other is called "weather and toggle widgets" and it is only a few bucks as well. The benefit of this is that it can exactly mimic the HTC flip clock. The theme for that is called H7C (clever huh? :rolleyes:) and you can download it from the widget's server after you install the widgets.

Reactions: BucYouUp68
Upvote 0
i flashed this rom yesterday. and it really is fast... the fastest i have tried come to think of it. i cleared data and cache formatted system and boot before i flashed it. this was the first time that every one of my apps restored. i thought all was well last night and untill about 12:00 today. i used pandora from seven until then and my battery was down to 50%. with ss4.6 under the same usage w would only be down to 70%. right now i have only 20%. even though i like the performance of this rom more so than any other i am restoring back to ss4.6 simply because of battery life. :(

Upvote 0
I used your instruction when I flashed this ROM, I never did it like that before. I always let ROM Manager do it in the past. This way seems way cleaner.

Yeah, I've been doing it that way since before SPRecovery had competition :)

Used to have to do it via ADB so you had to be by your computer. The fact that Clockwork has integrated it has made it easier for everyone to do it the "right way" (just my opinion). I just wish ROM Manager would integrate it so you could format everything from there.

Really makes it hard when you download a ROM from ROM manager (don't install from there...), manually reboot into recovery, format your partitions, search for your rom, your kernel, and any add-ons you selected...

Needless to say, I use ROM manager if I have to...but if it had the option to format boot and system...I'd always use it.

Upvote 0
i flashed this rom yesterday. and it really is fast... the fastest i have tried come to think of it. i cleared data and cache formatted system and boot before i flashed it. this was the first time that every one of my apps restored. i thought all was well last night and untill about 12:00 today. i used pandora from seven until then and my battery was down to 50%. with ss4.6 under the same usage w would only be down to 70%. right now i have only 20%. even though i like the performance of this rom more so than any other i am restoring back to ss4.6 simply because of battery life. :(

Is listening to Pandora all that all you are doing at that time? Do you clock your phone down to say...250 MHz during that time?

Upvote 0
Is listening to Pandora all that all you are doing at that time? Do you clock your phone down to say...250 MHz during that time?

it is pretty much all i do. i will briefly check this site when i have the chance but that isnt often. for the most part i am just listening to pandora through my headphones via wi-fi. i did notice some changes today in pandora. for the first time it is playing audible commercials between songs :mad:. i dont know if this was a contributing factor or not but it is the only thing different besides the rom. i used my same kernal,p3droids lv 1.2. i have setcpu turning my phone down to 400 while the screen is off same as with ss4.6.

Upvote 0
it is pretty much all i do. i will briefly check this site when i have the chance but that isnt often. for the most part i am just listening to pandora through my headphones via wi-fi. i did notice some changes today in pandora. for the first time it is playing audible commercials between songs :mad:. i dont know if this was a contributing factor or not but it is the only thing different besides the rom. i used my same kernal,p3droids lv 1.2. i have setcpu turning my phone down to 400 while the screen is off same as with ss4.6.

Gotcha...

Commercials? That sucks! :mad:

Upvote 0
tell me about it! i updated pandora to 1.4 yesterday then this morning i had another update notification so i updated once again. then the commercials started:( it isnt often but still... it freezes my widget. sometimes the music stops so i press skip on my widget and it says "commercials cannot be skipped"! but dosent play the commercial either so i have to reboot tha app.

Upvote 0
tell me about it! i updated pandora to 1.4 yesterday then this morning i had another update notification so i updated once again. then the commercials started:( it isnt often but still... it freezes my widget. sometimes the music stops so i press skip on my widget and it says "commercials cannot be skipped"! but dosent play the commercial either so i have to reboot tha app.
Thanks for the heads-up. I was going to update mine after work today when I have signal (got the notification this am...but didn't have time before work because I listen to Pandora while I'm riding my motorcycle in). Now, maybe I'll just keep using this commercial-less version...lol :D

Upvote 0
Ok i LOVE this rom. I have been using it for about 3-4 days and I have just one thing that has been bugging me. I try and running the launcher pro that come with the rom and it will not let me change the icons for the main dock. I switch them over to a custom icon and then 5 minutes later they are back to their default icons. so far this is the only problem. this happening to anyone else.

Upvote 0
As far as the market issue...haven't seen that with this release so I'm guessing it's something installation related. Might want to try reinstalling it with the instructions I posted earlier in this thread.

As for the weather widget I use two of them and switch between them depending on my mood. "Beautiful Widgets" is the best "weather widget" and offers the most features and widgets for a small price ($2 in the market I think). The best "HTC clone" skin available is in the them in the screenshots (but that is the smaller of the two weather and clock widgets that you get).

The other is called "weather and toggle widgets" and it is only a few bucks as well. The benefit of this is that it can exactly mimic the HTC flip clock. The theme for that is called H7C (clever huh? :rolleyes:) and you can download it from the widget's server after you install the widgets.

Looks like an earlier reply of mine was deleted.. just wanted to chime back in b/c I decided to see if using Clockwork would make a difference. So I downloaded ROM Manager and used UBR's instructions earlier in the thread - and to my surprise, it worked flawlessly! For all of the bad things I've heard about Clockwork Recovery, it worked like a charm the very first time out of the box. Surprising indeed..

I was able to load up the Watermark'd theme and Chevy's 1.2Ghz ULV Kernel, and like another poster on this thread, I was able to use 1.2 without any issues! My goodness is this ROM fast and smooth!

UBR, my apologies if my earlier reply was misunderstood. I consider myself who took the time to read up and understand the many facets of rooting and applying ROMs, so I didn't want my issue to get discounted due to me being mistakenly considered a "n00b" - thanks again!

Upvote 0
Looks like an earlier reply of mine was deleted.. just wanted to chime back in b/c I decided to see if using Clockwork would make a difference. So I downloaded ROM Manager and used UBR's instructions earlier in the thread - and to my surprise, it worked flawlessly! For all of the bad things I've heard about Clockwork Recovery, it worked like a charm the very first time out of the box. Surprising indeed..

I was able to load up the Watermark'd theme and Chevy's 1.2Ghz ULV Kernel, and like another poster on this thread, I was able to use 1.2 without any issues! My goodness is this ROM fast and smooth!

UBR, my apologies if my earlier reply was misunderstood. I consider myself who took the time to read up and understand the many facets of rooting and applying ROMs, so I didn't want my issue to get discounted due to me being mistakenly considered a "n00b" - thanks again!

While I appreciate your apology...it certainly isn't needed. I know what you were saying ;)

I think you may have mistook my "installation issue" comment. Seeing as you are up and running, I still wouldn't attribute your issue to using one recovery or another. I think it was just "one of those things". I certainly wasn't trying to brush you off.

I see a lot of people raise issues that I just don't ever see. I truly believe that formatting the boot and system partitions in addition to "wiping data" is key to keeping some pesky problems from showing up on my phone. If I see an issue, I am confident that the problem is NOT my phone itself. Until you can rule that out...troubleshooting can be just a big waste of time.

BTW...I looked for your response to my comment...and my response to that...and don't see it either. Very strange... :thinking: There was no reason those comments would have been deleted so I'm not sure what happened there???

Upvote 0
While I appreciate your apology...it certainly isn't needed. I know what you were saying ;)

I think you may have mistook my "installation issue" comment. Seeing as you are up and running, I still wouldn't attribute your issue to using one recovery or another. I think it was just "one of those things". I certainly wasn't trying to brush you off.

I see a lot of people raise issues that I just don't ever see. I truly believe that formatting the boot and system partitions in addition to "wiping data" is key to keeping some pesky problems from showing up on my phone. If I see an issue, I am confident that the problem is NOT my phone itself. Until you can rule that out...troubleshooting can be just a big waste of time.

BTW...I looked for your response to my comment...and my response to that...and don't see it either. Very strange... :thinking: There was no reason those comments would have been deleted so I'm not sure what happened there???

this whole site has been screwing up for the last two days. i have several replies to different threads missing. when i click on a sub forum i have to reload the page to get the newest posts this also applies to when i click on a post i have to reload it then several new posts show up from hours ago.:mad:

Reactions: UBRocked
Upvote 0
just flashed liquid and so far it rocks. i am still fairly new to my rooted droid and these custom roms, and when i try to execute the system scripts in an android terminal emulator i keep getting similar errors..

erroroutput/system/xbin/sysrw: cannot create dev/nul: permission denied
rm failed for system/app/twitter.apk: read-only file system
system/xbin/sysro: cannot create /dev/nul: permission denied

so what am i doing wrong..?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones