• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.4 (FRG22 Custom ROM Built From Source!!!) *Updated Patch - OTA Update Fix*

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 70 79.5%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed lfy 1.4 and loved it...i just rooted and was very happy. Then i read that the lfy 1.41 update would fix some issues and installed it. Everything is cool, except for my virtual keyboard. It force closes after i type a few letters. Physical keyboard works fine. Can someone tell me how to fix this. Will installing droid2 keyboard fix this and if so can someone write a quick guide for installation...i'm still new at this but feel confident if i have a guide. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Oh well i wiped everything before i installed my ROM. Nothing force closed untill i tried out the themes. Now everything does. Should i just redo everything? or is there a quick fix

I had some issue like this and if you follow a few rules to wiping if you haven't it works. This is for ROM Manager

1. Wipe Cache and Data.
  2. Go to partitions and format boot and system.

I think UBRocked said this but it has worked every time.

Upvote 0
On another note: Maybe the one-click methods of rooting are the culprit here. Everyone who has reported this problem has used either Easy Root or Universal Androot. Are there any thoughts as to why this may be?

Cheers!

Nein.

I used DMupdater to root
(I think Easy Root essentially copied DroidMod's work) and charged for it

but besides that I have been loading ROM after rom, kernel after
kernel and just about every update.zip using either ROM manager
or SPREcovery and both work, everything works, zero issues.

Upvote 0
i can get into recovery.. never does anything after. I just went to a backup.

Im back now updating all my aps. You think i should try to theme again? Or will it prob not work?

Make sure you flash to SPRecovery then back to ROM Manager, clear your download cache in ROM Manager and then reboot into recovery. Load the ROM from SD, chose the theme and you should be good to go.

Upvote 0
OK, so here's my story. YMMV - so, unless you're reasonably seasoned at fixing things when they break (reaD:bricking you phone) DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME

Now that that little disclaimer lookin thing is outta the way, let's go.

I was running Smoked Glass b/c I really wanted a nice Smoked glass look on my phone - among other reasons b/c I just like the smoked glass look ever since I first discovered it (when I applied it to the Android Developer Community v0.3 ROM - remember that one?

Anyhoo, although it had v.12 or v.13 of the equalizer built in (which did, in fact, work very nicely on all my BT audio as well as too well (crackling) on my notification DROID.ogg), it also had some issues - apps that I know for a fact that were in the market were all of a sudden no longer there, and it had little tiny idiosyncrasies that it never had before - including some issues with highlighting not working on LP.

So, As I have been promising to run this ROM on my phone to UBR for like the last month, I finally took the plunge. Just to be funny, I made a full backup, updated apps, ran a complete TiBu, and made a second full backup.

I then installed the ROM without any wipe. Yup, you got it - I live on the edge.

ROM booted perfectly fine, all 170+ apps intact. I then installed the update.

Again, no wipe. Again, no problems.

So, feelin my oats, I decided to give Smoke LFY a whirl - still haven't made a backup, still not wiping. Now, you might think this story has a good ending, or you might think it has a bad ending....

All I gotta say is

WOO HOO

(Sorry, just had to do it).

This thing is fast, smooth, and has not once caused me an issue thus far. I upgraded back to jdflg's 1200 MHz kernel (now with Temp Monitor support, yay!) and this ROM is unbelievably fast. And slick. And astounds me in more ways than I can imagine.

I am about to clean some things up - remove a few apps from system, disable ads, remove all my LWPs (cause I consider them pure fluff - I impress people more with what my phone can do not how it looks, like some notorious Jobians like to do) and then see how it really flies.

I hate to make the comparison b/c of the stigma associated with the ROM, but I ran Ultimate DROID ROM for a very very long time - b/c it was the single most stable ROM i ever had at 1200 MHz, and it had a nice Smoked Glass look. In fact, it was, to date, the most stable ROM I had ever used.

Until Now.

Liquid - you've done a dandy job. All the apps that were missing previously under SG are now back again, and I have already update a few of them. Next comes the cleanup and then a new set of benchmarks. I think I ma gonna be impressed.

I think some of you might also be impressed.

Many thanks to UBR for twisting my arm so long ago, to all the testers (esp GLD, but all in general) and a mighty big thanks to Liquid for putting so much time and effort into the process of building this ROM.

May the Schwartz be with you (I ask that question of all my victims. I just like the sound of it) {You hear that Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability}.

(No fonts were harmed in the construction of this post - although one did reach its limit as to just how big it can be stretched)

Upvote 0
I got what I wanted.

Question: All of the system installed apps - FB, etc. - I know I can install those form the market. How about the non market ones, like Talk and GMail APp and Search - (OK, I think the new search was in the market) - if I remove those then I am SOL, right?

Just asking, not planning on actually removing them - but I am having issues updating Pandora, as a new update came out and I plan on reverting - the clear BG is nice until I actually try reading the song name - while driving.

Not good :p

Upvote 0
My only complaint is I wish there were more themes. I would like just a basic smoked-glass type theme. Currently I'm using the BLuEBeRRy theme, then I customized the icons with my own. Really the only thing that bothers me is the blue pulldown notifications shade. I'd rather it be smoked glass or just black.

But other than that, I'm extremely impressed and satisfied.

He made a basic black notification in a subsequent post, IIRC....

Upvote 0
I used easy root to root properly , then put on the Liquid Frozen Yogurt ROM (great), but then I installed Smoke LFY after the ROM and now my phone is completely haywire. It boots (and has some of the SLFY UI stuff) but it basically isn't operational and there's a constant error message in garbled text saying that something or other has stopped responding.

I've done all the backing up, but when I boot into recovery, I can't see any of the ROM Manager options... how do I find my backup ROMs? (Also, I can fight through the error messages and access the ROM Manager app in a pretty limited way (for example, I can't flash a clockwork recovery because it says there's no internet connection.)

(Oh, also when I first get into ROM Manager it gives me a "recovery failure" dialog... so, if I can get recovery mode to work, then I can flip back to an old ROM)

Thanks for any advice anybody has. (Motorola Droid 1)

Upvote 0
I got what I wanted.

Question: All of the system installed apps - FB, etc. - I know I can install those form the market. How about the non market ones, like Talk and GMail APp and Search - (OK, I think the new search was in the market) - if I remove those then I am SOL, right?

Just asking, not planning on actually removing them - but I am having issues updating Pandora, as a new update came out and I plan on reverting - the clear BG is nice until I actually try reading the song name - while driving.

Hey there.
You need to find the BnB theme thread (By TheBowers) at Droid forums.
Then open up Terminal Emulator (from your phone)

Su
sysrw
then follow the rest of the directions which will remove
Pandora from the system/app directory, then reboot.

Next install the new Pandora themed app in the OP of that
same thread as an update.zip, although if using Clockwork
there is no need, just place the file onto the Root of the Sd
card, and choose install from SD card, no need to wipe, just click OK.

Done.
Quality is back like it was in 2.1....

Upvote 0
OK, so here's my story. YMMV - so, unless you're reasonably seasoned at fixing things when they break (reaD:bricking you phone) DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME

Now that that little disclaimer lookin thing is outta the way, let's go.

I was running Smoked Glass b/c I really wanted a nice Smoked glass look on my phone - among other reasons b/c I just like the smoked glass look ever since I first discovered it (when I applied it to the Android Developer Community v0.3 ROM - remember that one?

Anyhoo, although it had v.12 or v.13 of the equalizer built in (which did, in fact, work very nicely on all my BT audio as well as too well (crackling) on my notification DROID.ogg), it also had some issues - apps that I know for a fact that were in the market were all of a sudden no longer there, and it had little tiny idiosyncrasies that it never had before - including some issues with highlighting not working on LP.

So, As I have been promising to run this ROM on my phone to UBR for like the last month, I finally took the plunge. Just to be funny, I made a full backup, updated apps, ran a complete TiBu, and made a second full backup.

I then installed the ROM without any wipe. Yup, you got it - I live on the edge.

ROM booted perfectly fine, all 170+ apps intact. I then installed the update.

Again, no wipe. Again, no problems.

So, feelin my oats, I decided to give Smoke LFY a whirl - still haven't made a backup, still not wiping. Now, you might think this story has a good ending, or you might think it has a bad ending....

All I gotta say is

WOO HOO

(Sorry, just had to do it).

This thing is fast, smooth, and has not once caused me an issue thus far. I upgraded back to jdflg's 1200 MHz kernel (now with Temp Monitor support, yay!) and this ROM is unbelievably fast. And slick. And astounds me in more ways than I can imagine.

I am about to clean some things up - remove a few apps from system, disable ads, remove all my LWPs (cause I consider them pure fluff - I impress people more with what my phone can do not how it looks, like some notorious Jobians like to do) and then see how it really flies.

I hate to make the comparison b/c of the stigma associated with the ROM, but I ran Ultimate DROID ROM for a very very long time - b/c it was the single most stable ROM i ever had at 1200 MHz, and it had a nice Smoked Glass look. In fact, it was, to date, the most stable ROM I had ever used.

Until Now.

Liquid - you've done a dandy job. All the apps that were missing previously under SG are now back again, and I have already update a few of them. Next comes the cleanup and then a new set of benchmarks. I think I ma gonna be impressed.

I think some of you might also be impressed.

Many thanks to UBR for twisting my arm so long ago, to all the testers (esp GLD, but all in general) and a mighty big thanks to Liquid for putting so much time and effort into the process of building this ROM.

May the Schwartz be with you (I ask that question of all my victims. I just like the sound of it) {You hear that Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability}.

(No fonts were harmed in the construction of this post - although one did reach its limit as to just how big it can be stretched)

A movie buff?
I like this guy!

Upvote 0
My only complaint is I wish there were more themes.

EDIT: I just checked the OP and I see one was added (smoked). Or, maybe I just missed it before. ???

Smoked has always been one of the availble themes. So far, there are also Blueberry, Tangerine, Watermark'd, Plain Black Bar, Black N Bold and Galaxy S. An Evo theme is being worked on for version 1.5 and I know a green theme (as yet unnamed) is in the works.

Upvote 0
I got what I wanted.

No, you're not SOL -- just take them out of the ROM file and push them back (or put them back using Root Explorer).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones