• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.4 (FRG22 Custom ROM Built From Source!!!) *Updated Patch - OTA Update Fix*

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 70 79.5%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally new to the rooting process, I LOVE THIS ROM!!! Thank you so much for all the work! I rooted to solve the issue with the SiruisXM app, which now works after a tweak, FTW!

totally newb question here, how do i apply the themes? I can't get it to come up in the ADB options and really cannot find a place where it tells me how to install one of the cool themes that accompany this ROM.

Thanks in advance!

You install the theme exactly like you installed the ROM (it's in update.zip format), but WITHOUT WIPING. You install kernels the same way.

Upvote 0
First ROM I've ever installed... Thank you! This is great..

This is probably a silly question but what widget is that in the screenshots that has the time/weather combo like htc?

That's Beautiful Widgets, which has a number of widget choices. That particular selection is Beautiful Smaller Home Weather.

If you are talking about the one in my screen shot. That is Weather & Toggle Widget

Upvote 0
Totally new to the rooting process, I LOVE THIS ROM!!! Thank you so much for all the work! I rooted to solve the issue with the SiruisXM app, which now works after a tweak, FTW!

totally newb question here, how do i apply the themes? I can't get it to come up in the ADB options and really cannot find a place where it tells me how to install one of the cool themes that accompany this ROM.

Thanks in advance!

If you are using SPRecovery, you need to rename the theme file to update.zip and install it just like you did the ROM.

If you are using Clockwork, you DO NOT need to rename the file. You simply put the theme file (zip file) on the sd card and install using the "install .zip file from sd card".

Does that make sense? Basically, after you install the ROM...install the theme the EXACT same way ;)

Edit...WOW! This kind of late reply is what happens when you don't refresh the page before you start typing! :D (I'm only an hour or so late on it LOL)

Upvote 0
Can you keep a secret, Eb? That's the way I ALWAYS do it (after wiping all partitions, of course)!!

I did the same thing lmao. I can never tell if the theme is the correct way when I do it though, so I freak sometimes. I've had no issues doing it this way though.

Only thing that concerned me was the lock slider, it has no background on it and as I slide it Unlock slides from the far left outside to the inner portion. I'm assuming this is how its supposed to look. xD

Upvote 0
This thing is awesome.. easily the fastest ROM I've used to date. Now, while I'm not a fan of using benchmark apps as an arbiter of how good a ROM is, I've gotten the lowest short bench scores in SetCPU (~160), steady 16s in Linpack and high 1400s in Quadrant.. which are new records for me in each of those apps!

Plus, this is the only ROM that I've been able to use 1.2Ghz without any issues!

5/5 hands down!

Upvote 0
I did the same thing lmao. I can never tell if the theme is the correct way when I do it though, so I freak sometimes. I've had no issues doing it this way though.

Only thing that concerned me was the lock slider, it has no background on it and as I slide it Unlock slides from the far left outside to the inner portion. I'm assuming this is how its supposed to look. xD

Yeah, that is how it is supposed to be. :D

Reactions: ShuttleXpC
Upvote 0
The icons for me were changed to black/white.

Yikes :eek:

It's not supposed to look like that. The screenshots shown on the second post of this thread are current for this release. With the stock theme as well as the 4 other themes, none of the icon sets were done in B&W.

I'm not arguing with you... if that's what you are seeing, I would like to understand so I can try to fix it.

Screen shots would be awesome! :)

Upvote 0
Got ROM Recovery....For some reason I got the same error 7...on the reboot got stuck on the HTC white screen...thank GOD for CWM's backups! Back to SkyRader for now .... thanks for your hard work, guys...I just wish I could sample it:)

Hmmm...I'm guessing you're trying to install this ROM on the Droid INCREDIBLE right? :eek:

This is a Motorola Droid 2.2 Froyo ROM (works better if you have the right phone :D)

Upvote 0
sorry no screenshots and i'm on another rom. I might be flashing back to 1.4 frozen yogurt later today and if its still like that i'll post a screenshot. but for real, the twitter icon was black and white and the google search icon was black and white also.

Okay...I got you now. I thought you were saying ALL of the icons were black and white. I was thinking the color got sucked out of your theme LOL.

Were you running the Smoked Theme? Take a look at the Blueberry next to it. The B&W is part of the Smoked theme and the other themes offer more color on some of those widgets.

facebooktwitter.jpg
facebooktwitter.jpg

facebooktwitter.jpg
facebooktwitter.jpg

BTW...If I've shared your Facebook and Twitter status updates with the world...I apologize :)

Upvote 0
Hmmm...I'm guessing you're trying to install this ROM on the Droid INCREDIBLE right? :eek:

This is a Motorola Droid 2.2 Froyo ROM (works better if you have the right phone :D)

OMG big time...What a daft I am! Got so excitied about this ROM - that I failed to check the forum title:))) Oh well.....can we, the Incredible owners have one too, plz? :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones