• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.5 (FRG22 Built From AOSP Source!! - Custom SLaYHer KeRNeLs!!)

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 48 60.0%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went ahead and wiped since I didn't want to risk anything being cross contaminated and I had the time for the market to pull my apps back down. Plus I kinda like the process of reorganizing my desktop and setting up apps like they were new. /shrug

Thing is, I JUST re-organized my apps yesterday. I was getting ready to do my save and then flash the wm'd 1.5 theme when it drops.

Upvote 0
About the delay - i have experiance the same with in calls. I have had my phone idle for about 2 hrs this morning at work before i tried to call it from the desk phone. It rang 3-4 times before the answer screen loaded up. I then let it sit for 5 more mins and tried again, this time it took 1.5 rings. I do underclock my phone to 250 when screen is off to save batt life. This possibly making the phone recover and load slower when a call is incoming? Ill be doing more tests as today passes.

Upvote 0
I have the LFYv1.5 I uploaded this ROM before 11am when it was said that it was updated..

If I do need to reflash the updated 1.5, do I still wipe? How would I do this. I havnet added any themes, just slayhers 1100 kernel.

The 11:00 a.m. upload that johngalt's post was referring to (which was actually referencing a post of mine) was about the v1.6 slayher kernels, NOT LFY v1.5). The ROM itself wasn't actually uploaded again, to fix the md5 sum mismatch, until around 6:12 p.m. yesterday (August 25th).

If you do reflash the ROM, there's no need at all to wipe anything.

Upvote 0
I've seen some of the lag that YankeeDudeL mentioned.

There are times when I'll do something like open the app drawer and start to scroll and it just stops responding for 2 or 3 seconds and then suddenly catch up.

The delay in waking to answer a call has only happened to me once. After that it's been pretty smooth.

I've also noticed some "stickiness" when typing on the soft keyboard. The text will trail me by 4 or 5 letters, often with one letter expanded in the foreground of the keyboard like I had just hit it, even though it's way behind what I hit recently.

I need to do some more methodical testing with it, but since I'm now 3 days from a major software launch of my own, my time for doing so is likely zero until Labor Day Weekend.

Still, even with the stickiness the ROM is not unpleasant to use. As YankeeDudeL mentioned, when it doesn't stick it just FLIES. I'm wondering if it could be a relationship with the home apps. I'm using LauncherPro+ or premium or whatever the paid-for version is.

Upvote 0
The 11:00 a.m. upload that johngalt's post was referring to (which was actually referencing a post of mine) was about the v1.6 slayher kernels, NOT LFY v1.5). The ROM itself wasn't actually uploaded again, to fix the md5 sum mismatch, until around 6:12 p.m. yesterday (August 25th).

If you do reflash the ROM, there's no need at all to wipe anything.

What significance is the difference in the md5 sum ?

Upvote 0
I have the LFYv1.5 I uploaded this ROM before 11am when it was said that it was updated..

I've read thru this page, and I'm not getting a clear feel on what exactly is the difference in these two roms. Is there a bug in the former? Is it running to hot? I havent really pushed my phone since the flash but when using the net, and texting and all that(havent chk'd temp when using gps nav) I was around 102 degree. Give or take a little more and little less from that number.. At idle i chillin at high 70's and low 80's, but i do underclock when phone is at idle.

If I do need to reflash the updated 1.5, do I still wipe? How would I do this. I havnet added any themes, just slayhers 1100 kernel.

I didn't wipe and it worked fine. I'm not sure what the difference between the two files are but it did make a big difference in my phone. Before I flashed the file with the correct md5sum my phone was almost useless. I was listening to a podcast yesterday running at 800 mhz and my screen quit working, it would not come on at all until the podcast finished, I could not stop the media even by unplugging my headset. My phone also started to reboot itself randomly. I tried to wipe and reflash the rom with the wrong file prior to realizing it was not the correct file and the problems remained.

I do not think that it was just a peice of text that was changed as the file sizes are different something was missing from the original file I downloaded. I imagine Liquid would be able to verify or deny the was a change between the two files. As it stands now I still feel there was something missing from the original upload.

Reactions: digdug1
Upvote 0
I didn't wipe and it worked fine. I'm not sure what the difference between the two files are but it did make a big difference in my phone. Before I flashed the file with the correct md5sum my phone was almost useless. I was listening to a podcast yesterday running at 800 mhz and my screen quit working, it would not come on at all until the podcast finished, I could not stop the media even by unplugging my headset. My phone also started to reboot itself randomly. I tried to wipe and reflash the rom with the wrong file prior to realizing it was not the correct file and the problems remained.

I do not think that it was just a peice of text that was changed as the file sizes are different something was missing from the original file I downloaded. I imagine Liquid would be able to verify or deny the was a change between the two files. As it stands now I still feel there was something missing from the original upload.

Iight.. got you. With me though I was just going to get the new file b/c well, it was the "new" file. I havent experianced any flaws besides the delay in the answer incoming call. Ive continued' testing that and it has been extreme..only 2 rings now after 30 mins phone idle.

So i guess ill stick wit the rom i have until something comes up.
To note, was this your first flash of a rom? This is for me, so my phone "history"(4 lack of a better word) may be cleaner than yours..which may have reason for your problems when you flashed..

Upvote 0
Rumdood just get me wondering. Maybe the minor lag issues are related to Launcher Pro, like he mentioned? I'm using it and have noticed lag a few times. Its not consistently laggy by any means though.
I was having a worse time with it before reflashing the ROM. I had originally installed it over top of 1.4 themed with BnB. It just wasn't performing up to my expectations, so I did a clean install of 1.5, the 1100 kernel and the BnB theme. That seemed to take care of the call lag. But still getting the random lag.

So, those of you experiencing the lag, what launcher are you using? What launcher are you using if you aren't getting lag?

Upvote 0
Iight.. got you. With me though I was just going to get the new file b/c well, it was the "new" file. I havent experianced any flaws besides the delay in the answer incoming call. Ive continued' testing that and it has been extreme..only 2 rings now after 30 mins phone idle.

So i guess ill stick wit the rom i have until something comes up.
To note, was this your first flash of a rom? This is for me, so my phone "history"(4 lack of a better word) may be cleaner than yours..which may have reason for your problems when you flashed..

No my first flash was Chevy SS 4.6, then LFY 1.3, LFY 1.4, and now this rom. When in recovery and you do a factory reset then format boot and system it cleans your phone out and removes the OS, so the amout of roms you have flashed should not have any bearing on how your current rom works unless you don't wipe between roms which is not a wise idea anyways.

Upvote 0
Rumdood just get me wondering. Maybe the minor lag issues are related to Launcher Pro, like he mentioned? I'm using it and have noticed lag a few times. Its not consistently laggy by any means though.
I was having a worse time with it before reflashing the ROM. I had originally installed it over top of 1.4 themed with BnB. It just wasn't performing up to my expectations, so I did a clean install of 1.5, the 1100 kernel and the BnB theme. That seemed to take care of the call lag. But still getting the random lag.

So, those of you experiencing the lag, what launcher are you using? What launcher are you using if you aren't getting lag?

I'm using LauncherPro and getting lag. Was pretty bad at times this morning.

Upvote 0
I'm getting some lag. Using LauncherPro in data/app. Also using the 1100 Slayher kernel, trying to decide whether to keep it on Interactive or Performance.

Interactive works very well, preformance will have you running all out all the time so your battery will suffer. I am using sweeter home 2, and I have tried some different kernels and on almost all the kernels that do not have interactive the only thing that keeps me running smooth is preformance mode, with slayher's kernels interactive gives me better battery life and I my home screens are still smooth.

Upvote 0
Interactive works very well, preformance will have you running all out all the time so your battery will suffer. I am using sweeter home 2, and I have tried some different kernels and on almost all the kernels that do not have interactive the only thing that keeps me running smooth is preformance mode, with slayher's kernels interactive gives me better battery life and I my home screens are still smooth.

Just switched to interactive..noticeable difference right away.

What is the diff b/w the two?

Upvote 0
Just switched to interactive..noticeable difference right away.

What is the diff b/w the two?

Performance has your phone running at the max you set in setcpu at all times. Interactive is more like on demand scaleing where when you unlock the cpu will go from idle state usually towards the min you have set in setcpu, then will scale down until it meets system needs only. The difference in on demand and interactive is that on demand will poll the CPU at predefined intervals to see if more or less is needed. Interactive does not do this and allows the CPU to change speeds as needed without polling.

I have the 1200 mhz kernel on my phone, if I use performance I will run at 1200 all the time, with interactive I will run at 1200 when I unlock then run at lower speeds unless I need 1200.

Upvote 0
need some advice/help. i followed the instructions and put the lfy ROM on my zip card, but when i went thru the steps and went to install it with clockword, it gave me an error saying "can't read /sdcard/LFYv1.5.zip (bad)"

i just restored but wanted to ask before i try again.

I just got the same. Using ROM manager and I did flash clockwork recovery mode before doing the install. Help

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones