• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.5 (FRG22 Built From AOSP Source!! - Custom SLaYHer KeRNeLs!!)

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 48 60.0%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just changed my build.prop to 3 :D, definitely had a positive effect. My phone rings almost right away. But the funny thing was that it was originally at 500 already :thinking:. Not sure why.

I think I'm gonna change the wifi scan interval too. Hopefully it will save some battery.

The ring delay is in milliseconds(ms). So 500 is .5 secs. the default, I believe is 3000 (3secs)

3!!??!? :eek: LOL

Upvote 0
How are you guys setting your speeds at those 125 and 300 for minimum? Set CPU is only showing me the option for 250 at the low end and 400 the next lowest.

FWIW, I switched my scaling to interactive, and the phone is responding better. So far, none of the random lags. On 1.4, Interactive seemed to use more battery than On Demand on my phone for some reason. Will see if there is a difference with 1.5.

And if you are reading this thread trying to decide whether to go with LFY or not, don't let the lag stuff stop you! It wasn't happening very often for me. Most of the time, this ROM is SWEET!

You are running the stock kernel that came with the ROM.
Should you feel the need for speed:D You can flash a higher speed kernel, although the one I am using now I got from CM forums, and not from the OP's links to "Liquid Slayher's kernels" if that makes sense.

I haven't had any lag, and when I have an issue it is with
LauncherPro when I am coming out of an app (in widescreen/landscape)

it takes just a moment for it to change to portrait but this is
not an issue with LFY, it's LP (I use LP Plus but same difference)

Upvote 0
I was afraid of that. I really don't want to switch to ADW. Just like Launcher Pro better. Mostly because I like my dock in LP. Not a fan of the ADW dock.

The ADW has some awesome features I wished
LP had. The only reason I use LP Plus is due to the
HTC-like people widget, the awesome calendar widget and
SMS widget...

With ADW you can swipe up for a secret dock
that is scrollable, (you can change the icon as well)

You can swipe up to remove the notification bar,
and to me it is faster than LP, although it helps to have
ADW "optimised" (memory settings)

Upvote 0
I read on droid forums that 1300 does not play well with FroYo, I think I will test the 1250 when I get off work, from reading on the CM forums it look like it was a compcache fix in the new kernels.

I can confirm 1250 (provided your phone is capable)
runs well. I was able to break the 20's with my Droid 1
clocked at 1250 with Quadrant! I don't care much about the
test mind you but it tells me Slayher's kernels are very well written.

No other kernel could do this or even run on Quadrant...

Upvote 0
How do you do this?

1.) You need root explorer (paid app in the market)
2.) You make sure to click on Mount R/W (means rewritable)

3.) Click on the folder System.

In the system's root....locate build.prop

Long press it and open in text editor..
Locate the ro.telephony.call_ring.delay

rename 1000 to 500
When you back out of the program it will save and exit
and make the original file renamed to .bak (as a backup)

Reboot, and test. Enjoy:D

Upvote 0
I can confirm 1250 (provided your phone is capable)
runs well. I was able to break the 20's with my Droid 1
clocked at 1250 with Quadrant! I don't care much about the
test mind you but it tells me Slayher's kernels are very well written.

No other kernel could do this or even run on Quadrant...

I tried the 1250 kernel and my phone rebooted when I opened quadrant. 1200 works great. I will reflash and try again then report back.

Upvote 0
wow....just tried the 1300...NO GO! lol
All I got was buzzing whenever I tried to unlock the screen. Couldn't even get into the home screen. I'll try the 1250 and report back :)

You have no idea how close I was to this though!!! I have been trying to get a 1300MHz to run on my phone for about 9 months now...

I was able to boot the 1300MHz and actually booted into recovery successfully (phone didn't crash)!

Now...all the rest was completely unresponsive, had several Launcher Pro FC's and it vibrated in my hand for about 30 seconds when I booted to recovery...But I was able to run it for a couple of minutes! :D

1250 Loaded and I was able to flip through screens and it was running (this was a first as well...). Opened Quadrant and...crash...

I'll just have to "settle" for 1200MHz with quadrant scores in the low 1700's LOL

Upvote 0
You have no idea how close I was to this though!!! I have been trying to get a 1300MHz to run on my phone for about 9 months now...

I was able to boot the 1300MHz and actually booted into recovery successfully (phone didn't crash)!

Now...all the rest was completely unresponsive, had several Launcher Pro FC's and it vibrated in my hand for about 30 seconds when I booted to recovery...But I was able to run it for a couple of minutes! :D
Mine booted up, through the boot screen, to the home/lock screen (I walked away a minute and it was locked when i came back). But, it wouldn't unlock...it would just vibrate like crazy!

1250 Loaded and I was able to flip through screens and it was running (this was a first as well...). Opened Quadrant and...crash...

I'll just have to "settle" for 1200MHz with quadrant scores in the low 1700's LOL
haha....yeah, "settle"! LOL

Upvote 0
1.) You need root explorer (paid app in the market)
2.) You make sure to click on Mount R/W (means rewritable)

3.) Click on the folder System.

In the system's root....locate build.prop

Long press it and open in text editor..
Locate the ro.telephony.call_ring.delay

rename 1000 to 500
When you back out of the program it will save and exit
and make the original file renamed to .bak (as a backup)

Reboot, and test. Enjoy:D

What a difference. I had 500 to start, so changed to 250 and it helps alot

Upvote 0
About the delay - i have experiance the same with in calls. I have had my phone idle for about 2 hrs this morning at work before i tried to call it from the desk phone. It rang 3-4 times before the answer screen loaded up. I then let it sit for 5 more mins and tried again, this time it took 1.5 rings. I do underclock my phone to 250 when screen is off to save batt life. This possibly making the phone recover and load slower when a call is incoming? Ill be doing more tests as today passes.

I have as well - more on this in a bit.

The 11:00 a.m. upload that johngalt's post was referring to (which was actually referencing a post of mine) was about the v1.6 slayher kernels, NOT LFY v1.5). The ROM itself wasn't actually uploaded again, to fix the md5 sum mismatch, until around 6:12 p.m. yesterday (August 25th).

If you do reflash the ROM, there's no need at all to wipe anything.

My apologies for messing it up - I thought it was the ROM that had been updated in the AM, not realizing it was the night before.

Ok guys I want to clear up some confusion. I worked with LiQuID to get LFY and the such on Rom Manager. One thing that was missing from the LFY-1.5 was a single flag in the build.prop that allows Rom Manager to detect if there is an update available for your ROM.
I had him add that line to the build.prop, and with out thinking about the MD5s etc, I told him to go ahead and upload the new. That way we would be fully compatible with RM.
I will take the blame for that little snafu with the MD5 being wrong and the Different files/same names.

Also there are new kernels listed in the link to more kernels. Once again me hitting the ground running. I made several new kernels, with higher speeds, and to keep build time/modules consistent, I cleaned my build directory and started new, from the stock 800 up to the new 1300 and 1300HV. If you are running the older kernel, Great, if you downloaded a new kernel Great! Either way you will be fine, all the features are the same, and they are fully compatible with LFY.

I hope that everyone is running fast and smooth with the kernel/rom.

As for heat issues, this is the coolest kernel I have ever used, and others are reporting the same thing, many others. If you seem to be running hot, try reinstalling Temp Monitor, or reflashing the kernel.

Kernels can be very finicky. For instance I have never had luck with P3Droids kernels. They are great I am sure but MY phone hated them. JDLFGs were a 50-50 chance, and bekits were always great. I have heard others report the opposite. Sometimes you just have to find the "right"one for you and thats great when you do. I will tell you at the moment, I am pretty sure my kernel is the only one to run the interactive governor, although others may be coming.

As for the kernel speed/settings/other stuff:
You need SETCPU,
I suggest the interactive governor with the max slider @max and the min slider @min.

If you are experiencing call delay, try uping the min slider in Setcpu. Some phones have issues coming out of sleep at low speeds.

If you feel battery drain is an issue with interactive, I have all the other governors built in, feel free to change, but you will notice a performance difference (if you are like me anyway)

Lastly, thank you everyone for the great response to the rom! Keep on flashing, and I will try to poke my head in as often as I can. ( I have a wife and 5 kids)
You can hit me up on twitter (@layherdaddy) or here, and I wll try to get to you.

Thank you for the support and the feedback!

Thanks for the info, advice and tips - I'll get to work on it right away and see what happens.

For the record, lately jdflg's kernels have been the most stable and lowest temps for me, P3 my phone is ehh, with, Chevy's used to be good back in hte day, and we all remember Taz's kernels.

I have honestly never used one of yours before now, and I will check out the new ones you've posted and give them a whirl.

Well just installed the LFY 1250 kernel from the LFY v1. 5 1200 and what a difference. Went from consistent 1580-1620 quadrant with 110 temps to 1770 quadrant at 97temp. no fc's or draw at all so far

I'll try 1250 - my phone hates 1300 like it's the plague....lol

Upvote 0
I ended up having to restore back to liquid 1.4. 1.5 was really laggy for me for some reason. I wiped everything 2x as I always do before going to a new ROM. I used the slayher 1ghz kernel, with interactive gov. Why would 1.5 be so slow for me when I haven't had a problem with liquid's ROMs before? Could it be the newer slayher kernel for liquid 1.5?

Upvote 0
These kernels are wicked quick but sucked my battery as if there was a straw from the kernel to the cell.
My heat with Trapster running with an ambient air temp of about 72 - got up to 130 in 5 mins! I am sticking with the Sapphire P3 1200LV kernel for now.
Plus, I am benching the same on short (low 140s) with both kernels and so far, much better battery and temp with the Sapph 1200LV.
Otherwise, this is so far a very nice ROM

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
These kernels are wicked quick but sucked my battery as if there was a straw from the kernel to the cell.
My heat with Trapster running with an ambient air temp of about 72 - got up to 130 in 5 mins! I am sticking with the Sapphire P3 1200LV kernel for now.
Plus, I am benching the same on short (low 140s) with both kernels and so far, much better battery and temp with the Sapph 1200LV.
Otherwise, this is so far a very nice ROM

Yes, I just had basically the exact same experience. Incredibly quick, but huge battery drain and cpu temp was sky rocketing. I'd like to use this ROM, but it ain't working out for me so far... Maybe I have done something wrong? I wiped and formatted, 2x, like everyone recommends too. Was using the 1100 kernel by Slayher and the 1.5 ROM, btw. (Droid [OG])

-blak

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones