• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.5 (FRG22 Built From AOSP Source!! - Custom SLaYHer KeRNeLs!!)

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 48 60.0%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had it running for 2 days now with a standard voltage 1100mhz P3 kernel with no real problems, no real lag (just the usual launcher pro landscape lag when exiting a program). Its zippy, battery life seems fine.

Is there something I'm supposedly missing out on by not using the slayer kernel? I tried it at first but the P3 seems to be working better for my phone.

Upvote 0
Been running LFY since 1.3 and will not run anything else! As always this ROM is super fast and smooth. Great work Liquid! I am having one odd problem with 1.5 though. None of the music players or even astro will recognize my wma files. Mp3s are fine just wma's won't play. If you select them through astro it says "file type wma not found". Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
I was using the 1000 slayer kernel and my performance was horrid. Over time it got slower and slower. I had the issue too where the phone would ring 3 times before the call screen would show. Had to restore a backup to Sapphire. I might try it again with a different kernel. I really liked the tangerine theme too.

Upvote 0
wow....just tried the 1300...NO GO! lol
All I got was buzzing whenever I tried to unlock the screen. Couldn't even get into the home screen. I'll try the 1250 and report back :)

Okay...update:
1250 runs smooth and fast! I've gotten 2 runs in a row in the upper 1700s!

Damn, I'm hatin! I tried 1250 and I get random re-boots. Once when navigatin thru handcent( tried to get it to happen again but it didnt) and multiple time when running quadrant bnchmrk test.

Previously had the 1.1 kernel running. Guess im goin to try the 1200 now?
Before I do it tho, What is different b/w the LFY-1200 and the LFY1.5-1200?

Upvote 0
Super fast and stable rom, think the best I've tried. However I'm getting better performance, battery temps, battery life, and faster boot animations with Chevy's MV-1000 kernel.

I didn't see the partition boot instructions, is that to utilize compache? How big of a difference would that make?

Statusbar and LED tweaks would be nice, but really, this is great. Just waiting for Watermark'd for LFY1.5 and I'm set.

Upvote 0
I ended up having to restore back to liquid 1.4. 1.5 was really laggy for me for some reason. I wiped everything 2x as I always do before going to a new ROM. I used the slayher 1ghz kernel, with interactive gov. Why would 1.5 be so slow for me when I haven't had a problem with liquid's ROMs before? Could it be the newer slayher kernel for liquid 1.5?

I think there were some changes in the kernel/rom that were on the site. I would start over...re-download rom and kernel, wipe and reflash. Mine was a little goofy at first, MUCH better after reinstall. I love it now :D

Upvote 0
You can change the screen brightness using the Power Control Widget

Understood, but some ROMs like Smoked Glass Charity and Chevy's SS offer a lower minimum brightness than plain Froyo.

A note on Slayher's kernels with this ROM: This is the first time my phone has been able to run a 1300Mhz kernel, but the regular and HV kernels both act very strange when clocked at 1300. My phone lags badly and quadrant scores are in the 500-600s. When the 1300 kernels are clocked down to 1100, the phone behaves well and the quadrant scores are in the 1500-1600s as expected. The 1250 kernels and below work well at all clock speeds with a maximum quadrant of 1760 or so when clocked at 1250.

Upvote 0
Love the idea of the equalizer for sound control, but adjusting the sliders does not change the sound at all? Anyone else seeing this?

I don't usually use the EQ part of it but with headphone I use the compression and virtual room effect and I can tell it makes a difference. I have Shure E3 headphones but I have used some cheap panasonic headphones that my wife has and I can tell a difference with them too. I don't use the phone speaker.

Upvote 0
Is there any way to not use either of these launchers with this rom? Can we just use the stock Froyo launcher?

Not sure about the stock launcher, maybe you could rip it out of a stock FroYo rom and use root explorer to add it to system apps, but I am not sure how well it would work, if at all as my experience doing this with apps has been hit and miss. I recommend Sweeter Home 2, it is not as easy to pick up and use as most the other home replacements but once you figure out what you are doing it is the most customizable. Not available on the market, you would need to go to SweeterHome - Start - sweeterhome.com and download the "For Android 2.0 and later" version.

Upvote 0
Is it me, or I wasn't just that impressed with this ROM?

SetCPU was set at 800, but I just kept getting this lags throughout the phone, from opening applications, to LauncherPro

Oh well, I did give it a try

Yeah, the mixed results are kind of baffling. Seems that some of the users are seeing the same results as I am...very fast, very smooth...the best Liquid ROM yet!

Others like my good friend YankeeDudeL dandy...not so much. Some users are reporting that flashing one of Slayher's other kernels has done the trick while it doesn't seem to work with others.

Not sure what the issues is, but If you try the ROM and it's "laggy", or apps take too long to load...try to flash one of the other kernels.

This ROM may just like to play favorites :D

Upvote 0
Ok so having issues with the FC on market after install of any app. Other than that feels good. I tried SlaYHer 1.1Ghz 'interactive' governor and wasn't that impressed. Getting better benchmarks with Chevy's 1Ghz (100 mhz lower), and feels smother and snappier.

What exactly does the partition --> format boot, system do? After I wiped and reinstalled doing that, I was getting FC in market. So I think it's better to just wipe, and install like a normal rom, rather than mess with partition menu.

Upvote 0
Ok so having issues with the FC on market after install of any app. Other than that feels good. I tried SlaYHer 1.1Ghz 'interactive' governor and wasn't that impressed. Getting better benchmarks with Chevy's 1Ghz (100 mhz lower), and feels smother and snappier.

What exactly does the partition --> format boot, system do? After I wiped and reinstalled doing that, I was getting FC in market. So I think it's better to just wipe, and install like a normal rom, rather than mess with partition menu.

I believe (and someone correct me if I am wrong) format boot removes current kernel info from your phone and format system removes current rom info from your phone.

Upvote 0
I went back to 1.4 and it is as smooth as can be. I am however going to re flash 1.5 tonight and play with some different kernels. Has anyone besides myself that was having issues with answering the phone seen any improvements?

I have.. i had one occasion when I had it ring 4 times before the answer screen came up on my D1. This was all after my phone was resting idle for a couple hrs underclocked at 200 i believe. Tried again about 5 mins later and it was only 1.5-2 rings respectively.

Users here suggested to changed the incoming call speed under root explorer->system-> [select mount r/w to r/o at top right of screen] -> long press on build.prop-> open in text editor->[about half way down you will see ro. telephony.call.ring.delay, that should be at 500, i changed mine to 250]

I have also seen suggestions to change call ring multiple to =true. But i have yet to get an answer on what this does vs being set at false

I too since then have changed kernels and have my underclock set at 300 and scaling at interactive.

A+ for stability and speed for LFY1.5 w/ slayers1200 kern

Upvote 0
I was just about to give up on LFY, I installed it yesterday along with Slayhers 1.1 kernal and it lagged, lagged, lagged! I tried playing with the LP settings and it may of helped some but I was still plagued with lag even though the Quadrant scores were decent. I read every post in the thread and was getting ready to flash back to BB when I saw that a few people had luck trying a different kernal, did I mention that I had lag?? So I flashed Slayhers 1.2 Ghz even though I've never had luck with a 1.2 Ghz kernal and Froyo. Damn if it didn't boot right up and now it seems to be running rather fast...and no LAG! I'll give it a little time and see what happens but so far so good. The temps seem okay and we'll see what battery life brings but I was having great battery life with the laggy 1.1 kernal. So, if you're having lag issues try another kernal...it very well may help! I just ran Quadrant and scored a 1711...does that seem about right?

Upvote 0
I was just about to give up on LFY, I installed it yesterday along with Slayhers 1.1 kernal and it lagged, lagged, lagged! I tried playing with the LP settings and it may of helped some but I was still plagued with lag even though the Quadrant scores were decent. I read every post in the thread and was getting ready to flash back to BB when I saw that a few people had luck trying a different kernal, did I mention that I had lag?? So I flashed Slayhers 1.2 Ghz even though I've never had luck with a 1.2 Ghz kernal and Froyo. Damn if it didn't boot right up and now it seems to be running rather fast...and no LAG! I'll give it a little time and see what happens but so far so good. The temps seem okay and we'll see what battery life brings but I was having great battery life with the laggy 1.1 kernal. So, if you're having lag issues try another kernal...it very well may help! I just ran Quadrant and scored a 1711...does that seem about right?

Good job by flashing another kernel.. All of my kernels were pretty effective with performance lagg. I had a reboot error with 1.25gh tho.

But yea, 1711 is great. Im runnin the 1.2ghz and im avg'ing 1500-1670. Frames per sec are at its lowest with the moon orbit test screen if that means anything.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones