• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Liquid Frozen Yogurt v1.8 (Liquid H2O Edition Source ROM!!! Happy Halloween!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

As I previously mentioned, the Market didn't sync for me, either. Not the biggest deal if you have TiBu (and just about everyone does, and prefers it). I was having the FB sync issues as well. I kept getting the authentication error, which was quite annoying. Signing in solved the prob, but would get the same message after a while, and every time I rebooted. One more issue, I couldn't get Weather Widget to work, just keep getting N/A. This does happen from time to time when I flash a new ROM, but usually fixing permissions or updating Busybox (I don't know why that's helped, but it has) does the trick, which it did not.

I kept it for about 24 hours before went back to 1.71. Wasn't completely intolerable, just was lazy and new I wouldn't get a chance to get back to it for a while. Was hoping to see Watermark'd or some cool new theme available by now, but I think we're all hoping someone else contacts these themers. All gravy, I know it's coming. 1.71 was so awesome, it's not really a step back while we all wait for 1.8 to be at full force.

Yankee, these are all known issues (and there's a known automatic brightness issue, as well), which will be addressed in a new release to come out shortly. I was able to isolate them to the framework for the 1.8 release, and they are all fixed by substituting the framework from 1.8c (which is the version Droid-Life released in the last Theme Friday). The Live Wire theme ([Theme] Live Wire By GFlam - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum), which appears to have been based on the 1.8c framework, also solves all these issues.

Watermark'd has been released for LFY v1.8: [Theme Release] Watermark D LFY1.8 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum.

If you just want to stay on LFY 1.71 briefly, I expect Liquid to release version 1.9 very soon (I'm running 1.9b right now, and it is STELLAR!), along with a new theme and some theme choices.

Oops, DigDug, I think I was writing mine when you posted yours!

Upvote 0
Yankee, these are all known issues (and there's a known automatic brightness issue, as well), which will be addressed in a new release to come out shortly. I was able to isolate them to the framework for the 1.8 release, and they are all fixed by substituting the framework from 1.8c (which is the version Droid-Life released in the last Theme Friday). The Live Wire theme ([Theme] Live Wire By GFlam - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum), which appears to have been based on the 1.8c framework, also solves all these issues.

Watermark'd has been released for LFY v1.8: [Theme Release] Watermark D LFY1.8 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum.

If you just want to stay on LFY 1.71 briefly, I expect Liquid to release version 1.9 very soon (I'm running 1.9b right now, and it is STELLAR!), along with a new theme and some theme choices.

Oops, DigDug, I think I was writing mine when you posted yours!

Great news, thanks.

I think I can wait, 1.71 really is that awesome of a ROM. But I'm excited to hear such praise for 1.9. 1.8 seemed like it was just a good, minus the known issues. I very much look forward to seeing what Liquid is cooking up.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones