• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Liquid in the Screen?

luvmynad

Jul 5, 2010
How many have noticed what seems like liquid under the screen. I know that it is called Newton's Rings. I read in another website that some put it in the fridge and the spot disappears. Normally it would not bother me but it is getting bigger and i see the pattern when looking at video, pictures, web sites, etc. Anyone else notice this. What a bummer, this seems to be a prevalent problem as more of these are getting sold.

I got this with the $100 Staples discount so I'm not sure whether to get a replacement, another brand tablet, or money back. A double bummer is that i have a screen protector and case coming for the Tab.

How many have noticed the screen issue?

Occasionally. It does always go away without incident though (within 5 mins or so). I have to admit it is a little disturbing to see it. Initially I thought some of the LCD cells may have ruptured. I turned it on and it looked fine, turned it off again and it was still there but I watched as it shrunk away.

I've seen it maybe 3-4 times over the last month or two.

Upvote 0
How many have noticed what seems like liquid under the screen. I know that it is called Newton's Rings. I read in another website that some put it in the fridge and the spot disappears. Normally it would not bother me but it is getting bigger and i see the pattern when looking at video, pictures, web sites, etc. Anyone else notice this. What a bummer, this seems to be a prevalent problem as more of these are getting sold.

I got this with the $100 Staples discount so I'm not sure whether to get a replacement, another brand tablet, or money back. A double bummer is that i have a screen protector and case coming for the Tab.

How many have noticed the screen issue?

I to have noticed this, I just received mine from Staples yesterday with my 100 dollar off coupon. They are sending me a replacement and should be here by Tuesday. Mine took about 30 minutes to go away though, and it has came back a couple of times already.

This worries me to hear others getting this on theirs as well. I hope this isn't something common with all of them.

Anyone else experiencing this periodically?

Reactions: pace960
Upvote 0
I called Samsung and they gave me a shipping label to send them the Tab for repair/replacement but I ended up going back to Staples and exchanging it for another one. The new one is great without the screen blemish and it seems brighter but that could be because of the update.

I'm surprised there are not more responses in this forum considering at XDA there seems to be a growing thread.

Upvote 0
I called Samsung and they gave me a shipping label to send them the Tab for repair/replacement but I ended up going back to Staples and exchanging it for another one. The new one is great without the screen blemish and it seems brighter but that could be because of the update.

I'm surprised there are not more responses in this forum considering at XDA there seems to be a growing thread.

luvmynad, thanks for your post. I also have the same issue and was considering taking it back for a replacement. I'm glad to hear that your new one does not have the issue. Now that you've played around with the replacement for a little bit, can you please confirm that the rings are still not there? I'm hoping it's not something that starts appearing over time. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones