• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Liquid Metal Froyo ROM running on A1/E with 25% performance gain

Jayziac

Jun 18, 2009
The Liquid Metal Froyo ROM was ported to Liquid A1/E recently, I went from 700-800 quadrant scores to 900-1000 after the upgrade, it feels noticeably faster too. Also updated apps, especially camera. Here's where to find it:

CDTeam FroYoMetal V2.5 from Metal dump - Android @ MoDaCo

Official (and unofficial) Froyo 2.2 ROMs can be found here:

Acer Liquid & Liquid E ALL ROMs bin extract collection - Android @ MoDaCo

Hi Bro,

I'm confused after go through it....which version of Froyo 2.2 is latest and stable for Liquid A1 (256mb)

Upvote 0
The versions Jayziac stated are official releases by Acer but for Liquid E (however, on that link to bin extracts at MoDaCo, there are versions of that firmware modified to work with the Liquid A1). All other FroYo bins are leaks/betas (I am still on 4.504b and have found it stable enough to the point where I don't feel the need to upgrade).

Reactions: flirtvirus
Upvote 0
Latest Froyo is 4.002.14 EMEA (more recent than 4.504, even though the version seems odd), there's a 4.003.14 FET but it's most likely just a localized Asian region version.

Jayziac and Hustlindaily,

The Froyo version found on Singapore Acer website mean for
"Red" Liquid E special edition update;
4.005.04.AAP.G2F_A22F_A

Possible to update in Liquid A ??

Upvote 0
Thats for Liquid E Ferrari.

Here is a version altered to work with the A1- [New ROM] 4.005.04.AAP.G2F_MA_bbs.gfan.com Ferrari Edition (For Liquid 256MB) BIN - Android @ MoDaCo

Note that if you intend on rooting, there is a special version of malezrecovery for the Ferrari ROM (somebody on MoDaCo may have bricked his phone installing the wrong one).

Thanks Bro,

Me now on FET version....so far good. Me only know the previous method just click the .exe than select the bin file and let it run....
Is that ok for Ferrari Rom ??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones