• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root liquid thunderbread

Tether and GPS both work on 2.5

Tether had to be run twice to get it to connect initially but that was the same with CM7. GPS locked quick and accurately, but I never had a problem with 2.3 or CM7 so take that for what its worth.

Running smoothly, no issues, comes with Tiamat 1.0.4 kernel, but I'm using Imo's 3.5.8. Overall much improved from what I read about 2.4. Not sure its worth switching to if CM7 is running fine.

One thing that is annoying is that it doesn't give you the option to reboot to recovery or the bootloader. And a couple of the fonts don't match the name, but otherwise a solid AOSP ROM.

*edit*

Weird, now when clicking 'reboot' it gives the option to boot to recovery. Still not the 4 option menu, but better than turning my phone off every time I want to get to recovery.

Upvote 0
I love this rom. I'm using 2.3...how can we report bugs?

1. The camera records videos but without sound. I tried other roms and the video works just fine.

2. If you listen to earphones it makes an initial crackling sound when you start an mp3 or watch a video every time.

Other than that this thing is flawless...anyone else have the same issues?

Upvote 0
I am trying this out...and so far I really like it. Seems like the perfect blend of AOSP lean with the customizing capability a nerd/poweruser wants.

I get instant GPS lock when I am in the part of the house with only roof above me (our master bedroom suite does not have a second story above it), and instant lock outdoors. Takes maybe ten seconds for lock when there is another floor above me.

I have not tried the camcorder yet. I just did battery calibration after a bump charge this morning...so no experience with battery life.

Upvote 0
Root explorer is a must, well worth the money. But it does give you a lot of access that can screw things up if you don't know what you're deleting or moving.

Yep I've messed up and gave myself a bootloop using root explorer on my OG Droid

I haven't used astro in forever so I don't know if it gives you r/w access to the files you need to change to fix the camcorder sound?

No, Even roms that have a command where "all apps have superuser permission" it won't work. It doesn't show hidden files usually and will not even try to edit your root directory.

Upvote 0
Ok, call me crazy buuut, my 3g speeds are way down. I swapped back to bamf 3.0, speeds back up. Went back to liquids rom speeds down. Swapped to a new kernel, speeds still down.

This is what's driving me CRAZY about using AOSP anything right now. I flashed CM7 RC1.4 yesterday, played with it and got it completely set up, which for me took a few hours to get it *just right*.

By the way, my Quadrant scores were like 3400 or higher on CM7. That's with it completely jacked up at 1.8 Ghz.

But my daughter was out working with me today and I usually just have her stream Netflix to keep her occupied (she's 7 years old... :rolleyes:)... and every few seconds, it had to buffer endlessly, most of the time never resuming video, just hanging there. Did that where signal was known to be good.

Digdug, from what you're saying, it sounds like you experienced the same sort of thing with Thunderbread. My guess is that data won't really be reliable on these ROMs until either HTC releases the source code for RIL, or until we get an official Gingerbread OTA from which they can put together complete AOSP ROMs.

You guys had me almost convinced to try this, but I really need to have reliable data, so it's back to BAMF Sense 3.0 RC4.9 I go...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones