1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

List Apps Before Factory Reset ?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by PeteCress, Jan 27, 2016.

1. PeteCress

PeteCress Android Enthusiast

My rooted N7000 has gone down the tubes performance/storage wise.

Slow as death, and I am unable to install any apps ("Insufficient Storage Available") no matter how many installed apps I uninstall.

Currently-available memory per Settings | Storage:
    • Device Memory 245 MB

• USB Storage 9.47 GB

• SD Card 30.02 GB

The logical move seems to be a Factory Reset. I was flirting with Cyanogen, but lost heart after reading a couple of procedures for the install.

Unless somebody has a better idea...

Before doing a Factory Reset, I would like to pull off a list of what's installed now - bearing in mind that I cannot install any new apps, so an app to do that is not in the cards.

Can anybody think of something besides screen-shot-after-screen-shot in Application Manager ?

#1 PeteCress, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Did you Wipe Cache Partition?

... Thom

3. PeteCress

PeteCress Android Enthusiast

Can you cite the exact path? If so, I guess I could just manually delete it.

4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

You need to boot your N7000 into its Recovery Mode to wipe the system cache partition.
    -- Power off your Note, then restart it while simultaneously holding down the Volume Up, the Home, and the Power buttons.
    -- When you see the Recovery show on screen you can release the buttons and let if finish starting up.
    -- Using the up and down Volume buttons select 'wipe cache partition'. It will only take a few seconds.
    -- Select 'reboot system now' to restart your Note as usual.

As for your app listings, if you launch the 'Play Store' app, go into the options (three bars or 'hamburger' menu), select 'My apps & games', and there should be a listing of your installed apps. I don't know if there's a way of printing it out as you're asking but if you do have to do a Factory Reset you can always just reinstall your same apps again. The Factory Reset wipes out the user partition on our Note, it won't wipe clean your Google Play stuff.

KOLIO likes this.
  5. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Android Enthusiast

App Referrer will send a list of all your installed apps to your email address.

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Or on a Samsung, you could just go to Settings>Storage>Cache, tap cache and wait as the phone deletes the cache contents.

7. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Note this only applies to clearing the caches for user installed apps (that are in the general user's partition). Wiping the system cache partition (it's own user-inaccessible partition) requires rebooting into Recovery mode.

8. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

App Lister

An informative list of your installed applications.

Share...
    * Send list of applications via e-mail
    * View QR codes for apps in Details view​

9. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

For a rebuild like you're describing, I'd also use:

AppMonster Pro Backup Restore

AppMonster is an application manager for Android smartphones and tablets, that provides anything regarding installed Android Apps (like backup, restore, manage), by simple and powerful user interface.​

KOLIO likes this.