• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root List of applications to take out of razr?

Hello mine is not rooted (yet) but if I can fnd a list of the apps that can be taken off with rooting and if it is enough then I would like to do the procedure. It is fast and no lag like my thunderbolt had so I just want the stuff gone I never use.

Googling for a true list has not brought up much. Can some of you please comment here which ones you took out after doing the procedure?

Yep I've gone in and removed as much "legally" as I can (that is the ones allowing "uninstall" :D). The freezing thing I need to see how so I'll look around for that.

A few minutes after I activated my new Razr last week it downloaded an update which as big and took a while. Then on reboot it downloaded another huge one and the whole look of it changed. Now it says system verson 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US and Android version 4.0.4 and build number 6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31 with the build date June 14th.

Upvote 0
I have frozen any app I didn't think I would use or know I didn't need. I uninstalled (like you) anything that would allow me to uninstall. I am rooted and I haven't had a problem with anything not working right because I froze it. That list from the other thread is one I have seen while perusing other boards and have yet to see any negative feedback from.

I bought Titanium Backup just to be safe. Still learning how it all works but I do have everything backed up just in case. Hope that helps :)

P.S. I have the same system and Android version you do.

Reactions: Jordan
Upvote 0
Thank you taghag. I sure wish we didn't have to do the root procedure to get rid of all that on the list.

Right after I first started playing with my razr (I got it new on internet order) and activated and right after the upgrade downloads I was impressed with the speed of it so having to move all that junk out well junk to me but anyway having to is a question because it is not doing any thing wrong but being there .

No drain or what ever. And the battery and speed are great. so well, mmmm maybe I'll do it! :D

But ti has to be after the drive home tomorrow if I do. 4 hours on the road with a bad throbbing ankle will likely have me popping motrin and sleeping.

Reactions: taghag
Upvote 0
Most of the programs we can freeze (disable) in ICS, TI is just another way to do so. I wish the carriers and manufacturers wouldn't dump so many programs into the phone! Let us decide what we want or don't want! At least we have ways to hide it so it is out of sight.

Sorry about the ankle, doesn't sound fun :( Get better!

Reactions: Jordan
Upvote 0
Thanks I'm doing the soaking thing on and off today and the pain is down prolly from motrin too. :)

I guess I am a chicken because I have decided to leave my razr alone and just keep it cach clean and not use a lot of big apps etcetera and it is just a very nice phone.

The battery life reminds me of my thunderbolt though and I don't have the game downloads in the razr. I get about to 30 percent of the life left when I turn it off at night but it never slows down or freezs or anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones